Onsite Support Specialist - London
As an Onsite Support Specialist, you will be part of a team who are responsible for providing IT help and support to colleagues at all levels of our organisation in person and remotely. Your specialist IT knowledge, technical and interpersonal skills will enable you to provide swift support to users of various IT platforms and applications.
Primarily based in our dedicated Tech Bar space prominently located in our London, where from here you will be part of an established team of friendly IT specialists, ready to help colleagues with their technology & application queries and issues.
At Nationwide we offer hybrid working wherever possible. More rewarding relationships are supported through our hybrid approach, bringing colleagues together across our UK wide estate, whilst also supporting generous access to home working. We value our time in the office to solve problems, to learn, and to feel connected.
For this job you'll spend at least two days per week, or if part time you'll spend 40% of your working time, at one of our offices. If your application is successful, your hiring manager will provide further details on how this works. You can also find out more about our approach to hybrid working here.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you’ll be doing
Located in our Tech Bar, you will provide face to face (and sometimes remote) support to colleagues from all levels of our organisation who come forward with IT queries and issues. The scope of our platforms range across laptops, desktops, Mac, mobile, iPad, & iPhone and you will be helping colleagues with Microsoft 365, iPad OS, iOS amongst others. In addition to hardware and application support, you will be on hand to assist with device configuration & set-up, as well as device replacements and swap-outs. Other activities will include:
- Issue devices to new starters and help them navigate through the set-up process.
- Occasional deskside visits to members of the Nationwide Leadership Team to investigate and remedy equipment issues.
- Manage workloads and ticket queues adhering to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Log all incidents and maintain comprehensive updates routing the ticket if appropriate to another resolving team whilst keeping stakeholders notified and informed.
- Performing extensive technical investigation of the incident prior to hand-over or referral.
- Move IT equipment to where it is required in the building and help with the decommissioning of redundant items ensuring the asset database is maintained to a high standard.
- The rebuilding of devices ahead of deployment to a new user.
- Gather accurate data for reporting purposes identifying underlying trends and highlighting key issues.
- Be involved in the testing of new devices, software and updates.
- Ensure Knowledge Articles are relevant and create new articles where identified.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be competent at building relationships with colleagues utilising your strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive and determined attitude, with a can-do approach to work.
- Be analytical and have a technical and logical mindset with a strong attention to detail when triaging incidents.
- Be flexible and have an adaptable approach when working to a shift pattern, embracing change as the organisation continues to evolve.
Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Be able to demonstrate a good knowledge M365, Windows, Mac OS, iPadOS, iOS, device build & configuration.
- Experience of working with an IT service management tool such as Service Now or similar.
- An understanding of IT service delivery or working in an ITIL environment, with a good awareness of IT terminology.
Our Customer First behaviours are all about putting customers and members at the heart of how we work together. You can strengthen your application by showing the behaviours that resonate with you, and how you might have already demonstrated these.
- Say it straight - This is about being honest and direct with good intent and saying what needs to be said in the room. It’s also about being clear, precise, and using language that we and, importantly, our customers and members can understand.
- Push for better - This is about aiming high and constantly looking for better in how we work together and serve our customers and members.
- Get it done - This is about prioritising what will have the greatest impact, being decisive and taking accountability for delivering on the end-to-end outcome.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- Gympass - Access to a range of free and paid options for health and wellness
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
What makes us different
Nationwide is the world’s largest building society. With over 15 million customers, we have a relationship with almost a quarter of the UK’s population. We’ve got the scale to compete with the big banks, but we’re not a bank.
As a building society, we’re owned by our members – that’s our customers who have their current account, mortgage or savings with us. It means we can do things differently to deliver our Purpose – Banking – but fairer, more rewarding, and for the good of society.
When you work at Nationwide, you can experience that difference for yourself. You’ll be part of a high-performing, purpose-driven organisation that offers rewarding career experiences and a highly competitive range of benefits to match. You’ll also be joining us at an important time as we seek to reach more and more people in the UK. We want everyone in the UK to know that they don’t have to bank with a bank. They can choose a modern mutual instead.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Financial Reward Package
To see a ball-park figure of how the pounds in your pocket could add up, put a salary figure in the box below and hit the Calculate Now button. As if by magic, a chart will appear giving an indication of what these financial benefits could look like.
Calculate your reward
Enter your salary and we will calculate your overall reward.
This is the total amount you earn per year
The figures and percentages shown here are an illustration only. Your actual salary and benefits will be detailed in your contract of employment if you join us. For example, your role could include a car allowance, relocation expenses or other benefits not shown here.
Here’s the legal bit: The infographic is an indicative summary of some of the key benefits which you may receive if you are employed by Nationwide and these are subject to variation by Nationwide at its discretion. If you work part-time, some benefits may be pro-rated. This document provides an illustrative summary only and does not create any contractual rights.