Customer Representative - Northwood - London
- Location Central London, London Area
- Salary £16,504 - £21,540
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/04/2018
- Ref R00BN00266
- A Customer Service Representative for our branch in Northwood, London
- £16,504–£21,540 a year on a full-time contract, plus benefits
- Send in your application by 24th April 2018
- Interview date is likely to be 4th May 2018
As a building society, we always put our members first. That’s why we would like you, as our Customer Services Representative, to be the first point of contact our members have, the minute they walk through the door. Guide them in the right direction when they ask for your help. Offer advice on the best ways to manage their money. It’s outstanding personal service like this that shows our members just how much Nationwide believes in doing the right thing.
Who we're looking for
Do you have a talent for talking to people and a flair for understanding what our members may need? Are you comfortable working on your own as well as within a team? Can you multi-task while still remaining calm and polite?
At Nationwide, we find that going the extra mile to give the right financial support to our members can really make a difference. So now we’d like you as our Customer Services Representative to help us achieve that too.
As a team-player, you’ll have a thirst for knowledge and be great at managing your time effectively between admin and dealing with our members’ requests, and you won’t mind working on a Saturday.
Don’t worry if you’ve not had any previous financial services experience. We’ll give you all the training you need to set your career on its way.
In short you’ll need to be:
- Able to talk to different people and handle lots of different types of conversations, from answering a simple question to handling a complex problem. You’ll stay enthusiastic, calm and polite.
- You don’t need any direct experience in Financial Services – you might have helped customers in another sector, like retail.
- Curious about Financial Services and good at understanding and explaining complex information to our customers so that they can understand it.
- Enthusiastic about working as part of a team. You’ll sometimes work on your own, but you’ll mostly work with colleagues, supporting each other
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- have previous experience building relationships with customers.
- have a basic understanding of the financial services industry.
- be compassionate, sociable and compliance aware.
- be computer literate.
What you'll be doing
You'll confidently meet and greet our members in the branch foyer, pointing them in the right direction, or responding to their enquiries.
When asked by our members for help with their money, you’ll recommend the most suitable products and services for their financial needs.
You’ll attend training and development programmes to keep you up-to-date with Nationwide’s internal processes, digital management systems, in-branch communications, and product and service initiatives.
Whether working independently or within a team, you’ll be asked to meet strategic business objectives, and make the branch experience a welcoming and memorable one for every member that walks through the door.
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That’s why in addition to your salary, you’ll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• Salary of £16,504 – £21,540
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.