Mortgage Consultant - York
- Location South Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber
- Salary £27,484 - £39,699
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/09/2018
- Ref R002202966
- A Mortgage Consultant for our branch in York, Yorkshire
- Basic salary £27,484 - £39,699 a year on a permanent contract, depending on experience.
- Total package value up to £48k depending on relevant experience and whole job performance.
- Send in your application by 26th September 2018
- Saturday work is required
We are looking for a Mortgage Consultant in our York Branch. You will be responsible for meeting our customers’ needs for mortgage and associated protection and general insurance products.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- have CeMAP 3 qualification or equivalent to ensure delivery of the right products and services within a regulatory framework
- work or have worked in the financial services / banking sector
- be self-motivated, having experience of coaching other team members and providing feedback
- be customer-centric and passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience with excellent relationship and rapport building skills
- be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment supporting your colleagues as and when necessary
Following the introduction of the Individual Accountability Regime (known internally as Strengthening Individual Accountability) we will require all successful candidates for roles that fall within the regime to undertake enhanced pre-employment screening checks. To find out more about the Individual Accountability Regime and further information about the pre-employment checks required, please click here.
Please note, pre-employment screening checks will only be conducted with your consent after the point of verbal offer and this will also apply to internal candidates moving into this role.
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with your colleagues to identify customers' needs, offering honest, tailored advice that will help build long-term relationships and protect our customers' families, futures and finances.
You will be advising customers on some of the best mortgage products in the industry and you'll engage with customers to work out their exact mortgage needs and how best to meet them. And while mortgages will be your specialty, you'll also advise on everything from credit cards to insurance policies.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.