Compliance Advice Senior Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/04/2019
- Ref R002203568
• A Compliance Senior Manager to work in one of our key 1st line business teams at Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary between £54,231 to £88,126 depending on skills and experience
• This is a permanent, full time role
Have you got experience providing advice to business functions? Have you led and given direction to teams? Do you have experience in Financial Services? Have you been that critical friend? Would you like to be part of the business in a first line role?
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for us. We’re looking for commercially astute and operationally aware regulatory professionals with the emotional intelligence to achieve positive results through good relationships. In addition to this you’ll need to be resilient and adaptable in one of the fastest moving parts of Nationwide.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you will:
• Be able to interpret rules and regulations to create conduct risk controls and management information that delivers effective risk management
• Have a practical approach to compliance that balances fair treatment of customers and clients with commercially minded solutions
• Be an excellent communicator and influencer in order to build strong internal and external working relationships that support Nationwide’s application of regulations
• Have experience of advising senior colleagues and key decision makers on compliance or regulatory-related issues within your current or previous roles
• Be agile and pragmatic in your approach to change. You will always think about our members - they’re everything to us – to make sure our business ensures fair outcomes for them
• Have experience of leading and motivating a team of regulatory professionals, inspiring them to develop themselves and promote the objectives of the Community and business areas they support
• Financial Services experience
• Have a full understanding of conduct risk
• Have experience of leading a portfolio of work, including planning and prioritising the teams workload.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be providing regulatory advice to senior stakeholders in our Communities across the product lifecycle (which includes Investments, Protection and Insurance), resolving regulatory issues, and identifying and evaluating the relevant regulations and how we operate within them. You’ll understand what the business wants to do, know which regulations apply, and your advice will enable senior stakeholders to make the right choices.
You won’t be tackling this alone. You’ll be managing a team of regulatory professionals which will give you the necessary breadth and depth of reach. It’s a varied role and one you can make your own, for example, by chairing for a and governance committees internally and potentially externally. You could be writing standards, then embedding practices and then assessing them. In this role you'll;
• Contribute to the development and delivery of Nationwide’s implementation of emerging industry directives, providing regulatory advice and potential solutions.
• Analyse business models, strategies, existing compliance and external regulatory agenda to develop plans for risk identification and assessment and for validating relevant controls.
• Respond to regulatory initiatives in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Deliver risk identification and assessments as well as validation of controls through a number of concurrent assignments, supporting the management of key relationships, providing strategic advice and reporting to key stakeholders on progress and results.
• Contribute to the investigation and resolution of material/systemic regulatory issues and gain support for key customer and compliance risk management decisions.
• Develop, lead and maintain a centre of expertise within your team.
• Provide a focal point for direction, training, advice, support and guidance on all aspects of compliance policies and controls for the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car allowance