Controls Assessor - Secondment - Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 26/03/2019
- Ref R002203376
• Controls Assessor based in our Northampton Administration Centre
• £19,647 - £28,379
• Full time – 35 hours per week, 12-Month Fixed term Contract
Controls Assessors are responsible for supporting delivery of a robust control testing regime in the Society, with knowledge of how the activity impacts on the other areas. The role holder will be required to use their knowledge and skills to undertake investigations on controls applied within a Community and assess the conduct applied by individuals operating those controls within the business, predominantly for non-certified roles. Working within a team, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring that they comply with the policies, process, procedures and frameworks set by the Society in delivering an effective and efficient Control ecosystem.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• The role holder will have knowledge of the relationship between risk and control in the context of managing risks, with specific experience in the Society’s risk and control environment, preferably through being a control operator or in undertaking testing of a control.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) will be an essential requirement as the role holder will be communicating with colleagues from across the organisation when reviewing, assessing and analysing the judgements being applied by front-line employees, which will often be complex and multi-faceted.
• Good listening skills required for effective audio assessments.
• Attention to detail essential for an effective assessment and understanding of a scenario to ensure correct characteristics of cases are identified and used to establish the correct Member outcome.
• Inquisitive and enquiring mind to pursue an investigation through to the correct Member outcome.
• Agile approach to working and ability to think on feet.
• Ideally you would have, but not essential, Knowledge of Collections & Recoveries processes, previous experience of controls testing or awareness of 3rd party debt management suppliers.
What you'll be doing
• Work within a team applying controls testing, recording and reporting on the results where appropriate, initially across Collections & Recoveries.
• Maintain competence by remaining aware of what good conduct and fair outcomes means in relation to the operation of the control.
• Support Control Consultants and Team Managers in the application of the control test and assessment of the outcome / experience, taking a fair and objective view.
• Support the analysis of results from the controls testing applied.
• Work with Control Consultants, Team Managers and wider stakeholders (including 3rd parties where relevant) when drafting clear and concise reports on the controls tested and any action plans required.
• Undertake activity to improve understanding of risk and control, working towards demonstrating capability in undertaking a Controls Consultant role.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme