Financial Crime Policy & Advice Consultant (Lead) - 12-month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 29/03/2019
- Ref R001500448
- A Financial Crime Policy and Advice Consultant (Lead) in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary of £35,309 up to £51,002 per annum on a 12-month fixed-term contract, working 35 hours per week
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 29/03/2019
The Financial Crime department is responsible for protecting Nationwide and our Members from all types of Financial Crime, including Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Sanctions and Bribery and Corruption. This role is in a department with; an outstanding reputation, captivating subject matter and industry leading results that will see you work alongside advanced detection systems, reacting to ever changing methods of financial crime, whilst striving to deliver exceptional member experience.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you will:
- Be educated to graduate level, or hold an equivalent level professional qualification such as an International Compliance Association AML or Financial Crime Advanced Certificate/Diploma (or be working towards an ICA qualification)
- Have experience of working in a Financial Crime, Operational Risk, Compliance or Audit type role in the financial services industry
- Have a strong understanding of Financial Crime legislation, regulation, industry guidance, and the regulatory standards expected by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Understand Risk Management Frameworks, and methodologies and responsibilities of the three lines of defence
- Have excellent analytical, research and technical skills with the ability to assimilate and interpret diverse financial and non-financial information and produce high quality documentation and reporting to relevant risk and governance forums, corporate projects, and Senior Management
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and challenge stakeholders at all levels
- Be proactive and comfortable in making risk sensitive decisions, acting objectively and maintaining independence
It would be nice if you also had:
- ICA Financial Crime, AML, or Sanctions qualification
- Knowledge of ARIS and specific Financial Crime systems and controls
- Understand Nationwide’s products, services, delivery channels, core systems and processes.
What you'll be doing
As a Financial Crime Policy and Advice Consultant (Lead), you will play a part in ensuring Nationwide identifies, assesses and manages its Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorist Financing, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption risks and complies with legislation and regulation. The role will include; leading Society-wide risk and control assessments, being the SME for assigned business areas or corporate projects, providing credible risk advice or stipulating control requirements to Senior Management, and advising on policy requirements to implement standards for risk and control management in line with Society frameworks.
The role will require you to establish and maintain a network of key contacts and foster strong working relationships with SMEs and Senior Management within the Financial Crime department and the wider Society. You will also need to rapidly understand and assimilate industry, incident, risk and controls data to identify material risks and control weaknesses, in order to implement balanced solutions, considering business impacts including resource, time, cost and impact to Members.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme