Financial Crime Policy & Advice Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2019
- Ref R001500463
• A Financial Crime Policy and Advice Manager, in our head offices in Swindon
• £42,370-£61,201 on a full-time permanent contract
• Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 26/04/2019
The Financial Crime Department is responsible for protecting Nationwide and its members from money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions evasion, tax evasion, and bribery & corruption. This role specialises in payments compliance and screening, working in our Financial Crime Policy and Advice team.
Who we're looking for
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, innovative, approachable and hold an ICA AML Diploma or equivalent specialist financial crime qualification.
As a minimum you’ll need:
• Deep knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF, Sanctions and ABC, both theoretical and practical relating to legal and regulatory compliance, risk management and the design and operation of effective controls that prevent, detect and disrupt financial crime.
• Specific knowledge and understanding of payments compliance obligations and how payment platforms interface with financial crime screening and detection systems.
• Experience of working within change programmes and the execution of strategic roadmaps.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong influencing skills to manage challenges and maintain collaborative relationships across a broad range of business and senior stakeholders.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assimilate and interpret diverse information, assess the financial crime risk to form pragmatic and practical options and drive risk-based decisions.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise key tasks, meeting delivery timescales and stakeholder expectations
What you'll be doing
In the position of Financial Crime Policy & Advice Manager, you will be part of a high performing team who provide specialist advice across a range of change and business activities to help the Society manage and control their financial crime risks. The particular focus of this role will be to act as the lead financial crime SME, working with Payments and their change squad to ensure sanctions and money laundering risks and effectively managed across the Society’s payments platforms and associated third parties. Wider responsibilities include:
• Contributing to the strategic planning and evolution of crime capabilities across the Society.
• Forging and maintaining highly effective relationships with Society-wide stakeholders to support and influence the decision making in line with financial crime risk appetite, including attendance at Risk Forums/Committees and Project Boards to provide expert advice, guidance and challenge on financial crime matters.
• Contributing to private:public engagement on specific policy items within industry, law enforcement and central government partners to influence external decision making and responses.
• Identifying, analysing and disseminating legal and regulatory changes, providing insights to emerging risks and control responses.
• Contributing to risk assessments which evaluate the extent to which the Society is exposed to financial crime risks and threats and adequacy of policies, procedures and controls that manage these.
• Maintaining financial crime policy statements and standards which ensure compliance is maintained with our legal and regulatory obligations, in line with internal risk appetite, providing guidance, support, and challenge to business areas relating to the embedding of these and application into effective business controls.
• Contributing to the Society’s Financial Crime Training & Education Programme by delivering training to various business and senior stakeholders in a compelling and engaging way.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme