Regulatory Risk Senior Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/04/2019
- Ref R001500336
- A Compliance Advice Senior Consultant, based in our head office in Swindon
- £42,370 - £61,201 a year plus benefits on a Permanent contract, working 35 hours a week
- Salary dependent on experience, current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 30/04/2019
The Compliance Insight Team forms part of the second line of defence of the Society and is a key area in Nationwide’s central compliance function. Through data analytics, horizon-scanning, stakeholder engagement, and joining dots, we help our advisory and oversight colleagues navigate the complex regulatory agenda through thought-provoking insight into key FCA and PRA topics.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- A good knowledge of financial services regulation and the ability to confidently engage in a wide-ranging discussion on the regulatory horizon for the next 18-24 months
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience at dealing with challenging stakeholders.
- A naturally curious and inquisitive approach to work, proactively questioning the status quo where appropriate.
- Personal drive and initiative, and the ability to develop new knowledge quickly
- Excellent organisation and planning/time management skills and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments
It would be nice if you also had:
- An industry-recognised compliance qualification
- Experience of influencing stakeholders on compliance and regulatory issues
What you'll be doing
- Work alongside others in the team, you will provide thought-leadership on key, forward-looking regulatory topics across the FCA, PRA and EU-level agendas
- Use analytics to look across the regulatory horizon to identify emerging risks and form a view on the impact of these for Nationwide
- Work with colleagues from across Compliance to support the delivery of their strategic aims whilst ensuring that these are delivered in a way that puts customers at the heart of the decision-making processes.
- Take responsibility for own development, seeking learning opportunities within the work being undertaken, and contributing to the overall team performance.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme