Risk Analyst Lead
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 08/04/2019
- Ref R001500441
• A Risk Analyst Lead in Compliance’s Regulatory Insight Team
• Salary £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a permanent full-time contract
• Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
• Send in your application by 08/04/2019
The Regulatory Insight Team resides in our Compliance Advice function, which is part of second-line Compliance within the Risk community. We provide independent analysis and insight to aid discussions with the first-line as well as generating thought-provoking pieces for the Society. The team also supports Compliance Oversight in their reviews through a data-led approach. The content we produce helps to drive conversation in the business and harnesses the power of data to draw out Conduct and Compliance related issues.
The team is committed to increasing the use of data within Compliance Advice & Oversight and showcasing how analysis and insight can improve our decision-making and the messages we deliver.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for candidates that have experience within a SAS analysis environment, with experience in financial services preferred.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Be a fast learner who can champion new ideas
• Have excellent communication skills and be good at building relationships across all levels.
• Be numerate with a logical mind set
• Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way
• Have significant experience using Base SAS or Enterprise Guide and proficient in use of Macros and SQL
• Proficient in using MS Office Software – in particular, Excel
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of SAS Visual Analytics
• An understanding of the challenges facing a Bank or Building Society in ensuring good outcomes for customers
What you'll be doing
As part of a growing Regulatory Insight Team that sits within our Compliance function, your focus will be producing high-quality insight and analysis to support the product teams within Compliance Advice and support ongoing reviews within Compliance Oversight.
You will be working with our internal customers to understand their analysis requirements and using SAS to develop solutions which support their work. The work often consists of taking abstract ideas or thoughts and utilising data to test hypotheses and draw out any conclusions. The insight you produce will provide the team with a fresh perspective which will be used to challenge and engage with stakeholders right across the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual bonus scheme