- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/03/2019
- Ref R001500446
- A Risk Analyst on our Credit Risk Regulatory Reporting team, based in our Northampton or Swindon office
- £25,421 - £28,246 a year on a full time permanent contract
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 28th March 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk Analyst in Credit Risk Measurement, part of the Risk Community. The successful candidate will be part of a team of risk professionals responsible for the measurement of risk on the Society’s lending portfolios, providing strategic insight and fulfilling mandatory regulatory and financial requirements.
The Reporting team contributes to CRM by providing regulatory submissions across all portfolios, committee reporting data and reports for industry bodies and benchmarking data collation. The team is accountable for reporting accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the data included in the reports and compliance to the prescribed data point models and specifications for regulatory reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the development and governance of a range of reports. They will be a member of a team of between 6 and 8 analysts and risk managers who have overall responsibilities for all credit risk regulatory, critical and mandatory reporting.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a genuine desire and aptitude to develop a career with a leading financial services player, and a desire to be a key part of a successful team
- Have demonstrable practical experience of using programming languages for financial analysis and applications and be highly proficient in at least one of SQL or SAS
- Be fully proficient with key Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and Access) and have experience compiling presentation materials
- Produce high quality written and verbal communication including results of reporting and presentations for stakeholders at all levels
- Have an ability to work to tight timescales and remain focussed in a pressured environment
- Have strong stakeholder management and engagement skills and is able to explain complex issues in simple terms
- Take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems
- Be able to deal with conflicting demands, prioritise deliverables and to respond to business needs in a rapidly changing environment
What you'll be doing
The successful candidate will join a team which develops and maintains a range of Statutory and Regulatory reporting. As part of the Credit Risk Reporting team you will be responsible for producing and continuously improving existing reporting across all portfolios.
This will be achieved by using tools such as SQL and SAS (with a focus on Enterprise Guide) to populate defined templates and collated committee reports. Additionally, you will ensure all supporting report documentation is maintained along with implementation of report quality standards and governance.
In this role the individual will have the opportunity to develop both their analytical skills and knowledge of the Nationwide Credit portfolios. In line with ongoing data landscape projects additional software skills using QLIK products and SAS VA will be developed along with an ability to translate code and processes to new data warehousing platforms. Support will be given and where necessary training provided to ensure the successful candidate is able to develop new skills and contribute to efficiency and effectiveness.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme