Risk Consultant - Member Contact & Support
- Location Optimus, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/04/2019
- Ref R002203573
- A Risk Consultant, supporting Member Contact and Support in our Swindon Optimus Office.
- £30,506 - £44,065 pa based on a 35-hour week
- Send in your application by 23rd April 2019.
If you have relevant experience and would like to be part of a forward-looking Risk, Compliance, Governance and Control function that helps protect our members and supports delivery of business priorities.
Who we're looking for
Our Risk Partnering team provides first line risk management support to all areas of the Society that talk to the member. Working across Product & Proposition, Relationships & Distribution and Marketing & Engagement we work with Accountable Executives responsible for Product Design, Product Management, Sales, Service and Communications.
We’re looking for someone with an understanding of risk and control practices to support the Risk Partnering team within Member Contact & Support.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- An understanding of risk and control practices, with an ability to practically apply this knowledge in appropriate situations.
- Proven experience of being able to constructively challenge and influence stakeholders at varying levels both individually and collectively in decision forums.
- Good analytical skills to interpret, identify and report trends or anomalies in risk data.
- Experience analysing and interpreting complex information to resolve problems and establish alternatives where established procedures require improvement
- Strong planning skills, able to prioritise and manage your own workload – developing trust and credibility by delivering to agreed deadlines.
- Previous Financial Services sector experience, with an understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independence whilst also knowing when to escalate to senior staff for support and validation.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience of working with Member Contact & Support or another sales/ service area.
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide advice, oversight and challenge on operational, conduct and compliance risk within Member Contact & Support area to ensure we proactively mitigate risk to members and the Society.
- Working as part of the Risk Partnering team supporting all areas of the Society that talk to the member, you’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks.
- Assessing emerging risks and control effectiveness using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management and committees in line with Group risk expectations.
- Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders to maintain an awareness of industry, corporate and community 'change activity' which may give rise to risk events.
- Providing risk advice and present formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members.
- Helping to build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting risk data to support local risk governance forums.
- Ensuring incidents are assessed, reported and analysed promptly in line with Group Risk expectations.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme