Risk Partnering Consultant, Member Contact & Support
- Location Optimus, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/04/2019
- Ref R002203580
• A Risk Partnering Consultant, supporting Member Contact and Support in our Swindon Optimus Office, with regular travel to 3rd party locations.
• £42,370 - £61,201 pa based on a 35-hour week
Who we're looking for
Our Risk Partnering team provides first line risk management support to all areas of the Society that talk to the member. Working across Product & Proposition, Relationships & Distribution and Marketing & Engagement we work with Accountable Executives responsible for Product Design, Product Management, Sales, Service and Communications.
We’re looking for someone with a good knowledge of risk and control practices to provide Risk Partnering to Accountable Executives in Member Contact & Support.
If you have relevant experience in Risk Management, Member Contact & Support and would like to be part of a forward-looking Risk, Compliance, Governance and Control function that helps protect our members and supports delivery of business priorities. Please contact the Hiring Manager Mark Pring or the Resourcing Consultant TBC for more information about this role.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Experience in risk and control practices, with an ability to practically apply this knowledge in appropriate situations.
• Proven experience of building strong working relationships with key stakeholders where you’ve successfully communicated complex information both verbally and in writing.
• Good influencing skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with key business area stakeholders.
• Extensive experience of analysing and interpreting complex information rapidly from a diverse range of internal and external sources.
• A sound knowledge of key regulations (FCA/PRA) and regulatory expectations.
• Strong planning skills, able to prioritise and manage your own workload – developing trust and credibility by delivering to agreed deadlines.
• Good knowledge of how risk is managed within financial services.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independence whilst also knowing when to escalate to senior staff for support and validation.
Ideally, you’ll have:
• Experience of working with Member Contact & Support area.
• A good knowledge of 3rd party management.
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide advice, oversight and challenge on operational, conduct and compliance risk within Member Contact & Support, including the TSYS 3rd party relationship area to ensure we proactively mitigate risk to members and the Society.
• Working as part of the Risk Partnering team supporting all areas of the Society that talk to the member, you’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks.
• Assessing emerging risks and control effectiveness using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management and committees in line with Group risk expectations.
• Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders to maintain an awareness of industry, corporate and community 'change activity' which may give rise to risk events.
• Providing risk advice and present formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members.
• Helping to build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe.
• Running local risk governance forums and chairing the Joint Risk Forum to ensure that 3rd party and Nationwide understand and are managing their risks.
• Ensuring incidents are assessed, reported and analysed promptly in line with Group Risk expectations.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme