Senior Risk Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2019
- Ref R001500442
- A Senior Risk Analyst in our Swindon head office
- A competitive salary (based on experience) and a range of other benefits, including a highly competitive pension scheme
- This is a full-time permanent role
- Please send in your application by 26/03/2019
The expanding role of risk and the importance of risk management has led to Nationwide Building Society investing in their analytical capability. As part of this investment, an exciting analytical role is now available in the Retail IRB modelling team.
Who will you be working with
We are a friendly team that operates from Swindon working together to produce the best in class retail model developments in the Advanced Internal Ratings Based (AIRB) credit risk modelling space.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team analysing complex problems to provide recommendations and solutions which deliver real business benefit.
Who we're looking for
Skills that will help you in the role are:
• Have experience in a Credit Risk or an analytical role.
• Experience in statistical / analytical tools such as SAS / SPSS / R or similar.
• Have a strong degree in a highly numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics or related subject).
• Have strong written, verbal and influencing skills, and ability to deliver on shared goals by cooperating with other team members.
• Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit.
• A genuine desire to be a part of a close-knit team and develop a career with a leading financial services player.
• Have an aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner.
If you feel you would be a good fit for this role and you can tell us about your transferable experience we encourage you to apply, regardless of whether you tick every box.
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Modelling Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Employing relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain IRB credit risk models.
• Employing best in class modelling practice.
• Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
• Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
• Working with stakeholders from across the business.
• Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
The extras you'll get
We offer a range of benefits, allowing every employee to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• 24 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• An annual performance related bonus scheme
• Training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
We do offer dynamic working. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.