Business Continuity Partner (Business)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/08/2018
- Ref R001900528
- A Business Continuity Partners to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, full time contract
- Please send in your application by 28th August 2018
You will be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
You will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will be an effective communicator, who excels at influencing others and building good relationships.
You will be required to work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact with meticulous written communication skills.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Detailed understanding of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301.
- Proven business continuity and or incident management experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels and a strong ability to write business papers and reports
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of engaging and influencing to Director level
- Experienced and inspirational leader with experience in line/team management, coaching, mentoring and performance management
- The ability to stay focused and provide direction and leadership throughout the periods of high pressure created by major incidents
- Have demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key contacts up to Director level
It would be nice if you also had:
- Membership of the business continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI / MBCI)
- A degree or relevant industry certification in business continuity, incident management or risk management
- Experience in financial services
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for driving and delivering a step change in Nationwide’s Business Continuity capability, whilst proactively partnering the business and engaging with Community directors to ensure the Society becomes more resilient to continuity risks.
You will provide subject matter expertise in line with the business continuity policy and standards, and work with the business areas to test, and provide assurance that business continuity plans are robust and in a state or readiness.
You’ll ensure that business areas have appropriate continuity test schedules for critical processes, providing assurance over the feasibility of continuity plans, and identifying and delivering improvements through lessons learned, and then tracking through to completion.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme