Business Intelligence Specialist
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/08/2018
- Ref R001900537
- A number of Business Intelligence Specialists to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £35,309- £51,202 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, full time contract
- Please send in your application by 28th August 2018
You will be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
You will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will be an effective communicator, able to communicate pertinent details about identified threats, risk and response activity.
You will have experience in governance and reporting, and designing effective reporting packages based on specified requirements.
You will engage with a variety of Nationwide business areas and promote the disciplines of business continuity and incident management.
You will be experienced in the management of risk in respect of analysis deliverables and the overall requirements position of a project or programme assignment.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Proven track record in developing medium scale reporting and dashboard developments including the full life cycle from requirements to development to testing and implementation.
- Proven experience in operational governance
- Analytical capability and attention to detail.
- Detailed understanding of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels and a strong ability to write business papers and reports
- Excellent relationship management, communication and influencing skills, with demonstrable experience of engaging and influencing to Director level
- Strong ability to quickly understand and work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact.
- Ability to think quickly under pressure, assimilate facts and make good critical decisions under pressure.
- The ability to stay focused and provide direction and leadership throughout the periods of high pressure created by major incidents
It would be nice if you also had:
- A degree or relevant industry certification in business continuity, incident management or risk management
- Membership of the business continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI / MBCI)
Incident management experience
- Experience in financial services
- Awareness of Nationwide’s business objectives and structure including a good working knowledge of customer impacts and conduct risks.
What you'll be doing
You will gather and define requirements for governance and reporting for Business Continuity and Incident Management, including Management Information reports, KPI measures and metrics and improvements to the existing reporting suite.
You will design effective reporting packages based on specified requirements. You will produce and integrate stable, efficient and quality work packages and related documentation, and provide on-going maintenance to existing reporting packages.
You will ensure quality processes are embedded in the delivery methodology and designs.
You will provide analytical insight and feedback on effectiveness and suggest alternative methods and processes to improve efficiency without compromising quality.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme