Data Protection Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/07/2018
- Ref R001500316
- 2nd Line Data Protection (DP) Analyst in our Swindon Head Office
- Salary range from £35,309 to £51,202
- Full time, permanent contract
- Send in your application by 26th July 2018
We are moving into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy, which allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. An organisation where we make a difference to our members’ and colleagues’ lives, driven by a desire to do the right thing, in the right way.
Our mutuality and brand purpose ‘Building Society Nationwide’ defines and differentiates us. Our reputation as a good employer reflects the very special culture and ethos of Nationwide, which is encapsulated in our values.
As a modern mutual, we are always striving to better ourselves to deliver an excellent service for all our members; services relevant to the digital age but with the continuing personal touch.
In this DP Analyst role, you will support the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in managing internal data protection activities, and meeting the increased expectations of members following the introduction of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why Data Protection (DP)?
This is an exciting time to join a newly created team within the 2nd line, accountable for managing internal data protection activities and owning the relationship with the Information Commisioner’s Office (ICO).
Who we're looking for
We are looking for individuals with a combination of good analytical/problem solving skills and preferably with knowledge of GDPR, the Data Protection Act and/or other relevant regulation and their application within a business environment.
Working closely with the DPO in supporting all areas of the Society that process personal data, you will have experience of working in an analytics and/or insight role. This may include relevance to personal member/employee data or using data to leverage value.
As a minimum requirement, you will have:
- Demonstrable problem solving/analytical experience
- Experience drafting and/or critically reviewing high quality presentations and reports for senior stakeholders and committees
- The ability to concisely convey complex messages in writing and presentation form
Working knowledge of GDPR and/or the previous Data Protection Act
- The ability to/experience of interpreting theory/rules into practice
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good experience of working with Microsoft products
- A commitment to building your own career and to develop yourself within the DP environment
It would be useful if you:
- Are Degree educated or hold a relevant qualification
- Have experience working in a compliance or risk function in an analytical role
- Have Financial Services experience
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with the First (Business Areas) Line of Defence, that process personal data. Specific responsibilities will include supporting the DPO by:
- Critically analysing reports on Data Protection produced by 1st and 2nd line teams, providing observations and recommendations
- Tracking data protection risks and issues across the enterprise, together with associated remediation activities
- Creating high quality, clear and concise reports for the various Executive Risk Committees and senior stakeholders, on behalf of the DPO
- Assessing various inputs from across the business relating to incidents and breaches
- Supporting and inputting into data protection related education and awareness activities
- Independently evaluating relevant factors across the Society to inform the DPO opinion on the compliance status and effectiveness of the control environment
Being able to demonstrate a range of experience from the above could help support your application.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme