Experienced Risk Analyst
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/10/2018
- Ref R001500300
We have a vacancy for an Experienced Risk Analyst in our Northampton office.
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary and a range of other benefits, including a highly competitive pension scheme
- A flexible remuneration package, including the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered
Closing date for the role is 22nd October
Who we're looking for
The expanding role of risk and the importance of risk management has led to Nationwide Building Society investing in their analytical capability. As part of this investment, several exciting analytical roles (across a full range of experience levels) are now available in the Retail Financial Risk modelling team. We are a friendly team that operates from Northampton working together to produce the best in class retail model developments in the Concurrent Stress Testing (CST) and provisioning (IFRS9) space.
This role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to be part of this close-knit team analysing complex problems to provide recommendations and solutions which deliver real business benefit.
You’ll need to demonstrate at least three of the following skills:
- Have a good foundation of experience in a Credit Risk role or analytical experience.
- Experience in statistical / analytical tools such as SAS / SPSS / R or similar.
- Have a strong degree in a highly numerate discipline (Mathematics, Statistics or related subject).
- Have good written, verbal and influencing skills, and ability to deliver on shared goals by cooperating with other team members
- Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit.
- A genuine desire to be a part of a close-knit team and develop a career with a leading financial services player
- Have an aptitude for working with data, analysing, generating insight and sharing your conclusions in an open, honest and precise manner
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Modelling Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Employing relevant statistical and analytical techniques to develop and maintain stress testing and IFRS9 models.
- Employing best in class modelling practice.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise across the team.
- Communicating the performance of models to the wider business.
- Working with stakeholders from across the business.
- Contributing to the success and evolution of the team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme