Reporting Insight Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/03/2018
- Ref R001500218
- A Reporting Insights Manager within our Risk Community (Head office Swindon)
- £41,951 - £60,596 a year, plus bonus and benefits (salary dependent on experience and skills)
- Closing date 22/03
This role presents a wonderful opportunity to have exposure to senior stakeholders, drive change and have a real impact on Nationwide.
You’ll be joining the Enterprise Risk Strategy, Reporting & Assurance team within Nationwide’s Risk Community. The team produce risk reporting for our most senior Committees and stakeholders, while also providing assurance on the effectiveness of our Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF). In doing so the team provides insight that empowers Nationwide to take the right risks in the right way, ensuring we are ‘Built to Last’.
In this role, you’ll get the opportunity to build knowledge of all risk types across the organisation and use this to empower Nationwide to take the right risks in the right way. You’ll lead on the preparation of reports and provision of insightful analysis. A key deliverable of the role will be to build and maintain a reporting framework which provides automated, well controlled processes that are optimised for efficiency.
Who we're looking for
In carrying out this role, you’ll need a good balance of technical and softer skills. As a minimum you will need:
- Sophisticated analytical skills with the ability to interpret multiple sources of information across different portfolios and risk types.
- A proven ability to automate processes effectively, together with an understanding of the importance of robust data and processes.
- To have highly skilled coding capability (e.g. SAS, VBA, R, Python, Matlab, SPSS or other) together with advanced proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- The ability to prepare and deliver insightful analysis and reporting to senior management both in writing and in person.
- Experience leading high profile pieces of work, managing stakeholders positively to drive successful outcomes.
- A degree level qualification or relevant work experience.
An ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in a reporting environment within financial services.
- The ability to work to a high standard of accuracy and present information in a logical and professional format.
- Excellent verbal and written skills as you’ll be writing papers/reports as well as presenting information and insight to senior managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to enable you to build strong relationships across a wide network within the business.
- The ability to work well in a team whilst being a self-starter.
- Have outstanding organisational skills, be able to understand competing requirements and implement plans to deliver against them.
What you'll be doing
Day to day you’ll:
- Enhance and maintain our reporting framework, developing data requirements, processes and new reports.
- Lead the preparation of insightful analysis and reporting for management review.
- Handle risk related enquiries and provide ad hoc analysis to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain procedures & controls for all activities undertaken by the team;
- Collaborate with colleagues to enhance our reporting processes;
- Contribute towards the effective management of risks across Nationwide;
- Support high profile projects;
- Build effective relationships within the business i.e. within Finance, Risk, Treasury, and Compliance.
- Support and develop junior members of the team.
In essence, we’re at the start of the process and you can help shape the future direction of Enterprise Risk Strategy at Nationwide. This will role will build the foundations to drive the appropriate insight and decision making at the highest level.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme