Risk Analyst – Decision Modelling (Suitable for Graduates)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £25,169 - £33,560
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2018
- Ref R001500168
- A Risk Analyst in our head office in Swindon.
- £25,169 - £33,560 a year on a permanent basis.
- Closing date Wednesday 25th of April 2018
Are you passionate about solving complex problems, identifying trends and explaining them? If so, and you have a strong numerical degree we’ll provide the training to help you launch your career at Nationwide.
At Nationwide, we go to great lengths to protect both our business and our members. An exciting opportunity has become available to join the vibrant Retail Decision Modelling team. As a Modelling Analyst, you’ll be supporting the decisions that are made across our key lending products, helping to continuously improve our risk models, coming up with innovative solutions and providing business insight to ensure our members can enjoy the reliable service they expect.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll;
- Have a strong quantitative degree (ideally from a Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Financial related subject).
- Have experience working with data, carrying out analytics, interpreting results and making recommendations. This can be either through work experience or degrees/qualifications.
- Have a logical and analytical mind with a passion for solving complex problems to a high standard.
- Have experience of presenting / explaining your findings to others both verbally and through a written report.
- Have experience of building relationships and communicating with confidence whilst also working well on your own initiative.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of using coding tools such as SAS/R or Python (experience is preferable but not required as training will be provided).
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Senior Analyst, you’ll help to:
- Write and run code in SAS to produce the data we need (we’ll teach you this part).
- Understand the data and identify key insights, monitor model performance and present the findings to others.
- Support the development of scorecards and models, employing relevant statistical techniques to validate and enhance the risk models.
- Build relationships with team members and across the business to ensure insight is shared and models are understood.
Your work will be varied and technically demanding, and you could be working on your own or as part of a wider team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme