Risk Analyst Lead
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/05/2018
- Ref R001500276
• A Lead Risk Analyst in our Credit Risk Measurement team
• Permanent position, based in our Northampton, Swindon or London office
• Salary of £30,204 to £43560, dependent on experience, plus a competitive bonus and pension scheme, healthcare and life assurance
• Send in your application by 30th May 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Risk Analyst in Credit Risk Measurement, which is part of the Risk Community. The successful candidate will join the Commercial Credit Risk Measurement and Modelling team which is responsible for the maintenance of a range of regulatory, forecasting and provisioning models alongside significant financial planning responsibilities. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a technical background to develop their modelling, analytical and practical skills and experience.
The role will include model building and maintenance, forecasting projects such as Concurrent Stress Testing and provisioning activities such as IFRS 9 reporting, focussed on Nationwide’s Commercial portfolios, with scope to include exposure to different areas of the business over time. The team are mainly based in Northampton, though the role can be carried out from the Northampton, Swindon or London offices for the right candidate.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
• Demonstrate a desire and aptitude to develop a career in Nationwide, and a desire to be a key part of shaping a successful team;
• Have practical experience in modelling or analysing credit portfolios, with a good understanding of risk management practices;
• Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver insight and business benefit;
• Be able to support the production of high quality written communication including results of research and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences;
• Work to tight timescales and remained focussed in a pressured environment;
• Use detailed logic and analysis to review and challenge model outputs;
• Be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Have a willingness and aptitude to take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems;
• Be able to deal with conflicting demands, prioritise deliverables and to respond to business needs in a rapidly changing environment.
In addition, it would be good if you had:
• A strong degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics or related field;
• Experience of model development or use of analytical tools such as SAS/SQL/VBA.
What you'll be doing
The successful candidate will join a team which maintains a suite of models for range of purposes including provisioning (e.g. IFRS 9), regulatory (e.g. IRB capital) and forecasting (e.g. for Concurrent Stress Testing). The team are also responsible for the execution of forecasting and provisioning processes for Nationwide’s Commercial portfolios.
Under the guidance of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for developing the in-house modelling capability in Commercial Credit Risk Measurement & Modelling, and the processes for delivering forecasting and provisioning information both internally and externally to Nationwide. You will support the development, ongoing maintenance and execution of the model suite, helping the team to deliver robust, high quality output in limited timeframes. There will be opportunities to support new model developments in the set of regulatory, forecasting and provisioning models.
The primary focus of this role will be on the Nationwide’s public sector and commercial real estate lending portfolios. However, the successful candidate will also work on a range of analytical and modelling projects which will include exposure to different parts of the business, and different areas of the Risk Community.
About Credit Risk Measurement
Credit Risk Measurement supports the business functions to ensure that an appropriate risk versus reward relationship is maintained to maximise profits over the long-term from its lending activities. We are responsible for a broad spectrum of activities centred around how Nationwide measures, understands and reports our Credit Risks, across all Retail and Commercial lending portfolios, operating from across Northampton, Swindon and London.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme