Risk Analyst Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/10/2018
- Ref R001500362
• Risk Analyst Lead in our head offices in Swindon.
• £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a permanent 35 hours a week contract.
• Salary package dependent on skills and experience and internal policy.
• Send in your application by 22 October 2018.
Are you passionate about solving complex problems, identifying trends and explaining them? If so, and you have a strong numerical degree we’ll provide the training to help you further develop your career at Nationwide.
The expanding role of risk management at Nationwide, along with continuous improvement of our modelling capability means that an exciting opportunity has become available to join the vibrant Model Risk Oversight team.
Your role is critical in the independent validation of the models used to manage the Nationwide business. You’ll be ensuring that the models we use to measure and manage our risks and performance fit the Society’s needs. Offering unparalleled breadth of scope, you can have the opportunity to work on a wide range of models, including credit risk, capital, stress testing and forecasting.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• A numerate degree, e.g. Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Physics or a related subject;
• Experience manipulating, examining data and generating insight through SAS (or similar statistical software, e.g. Stata, R, EViews)
• Some involvement in either building or working with models;
• Fundamental knowledge of key features of retail banking products, such as mortgages, credit cards, personal loans and current accounts and the credit risk implications;
• Strong communication skills, particularly report writing.
It would be nice if you also had some of the following:
• Familiarity with model validation;
• Familiarity with the regulatory framework around IRB and/or stress testing models;
• Appreciation of Treasury, Commercial, Economic or market models;
• Experience influencing both peers and more senior colleagues.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a team, and under the guidance of a risk manager, you will be involved in every single aspect of the end-to-end model validation process and help to ensure the timely delivery of high quality findings on risks related to credit models. By doing this, you will be contributing to the proactive management of model risk within the Society and your output will inform actions taken by senior management.
At the same time, you will also be given the opportunity to take part in other aspects of our broad and varied work, which includes:
• Testing and assessing various models to evaluate their ability to achieve their intended purpose;
• Maintenance and development of the policies and standards for models across the Society;
• Building relationships with team members and across the business to ensure model risk is minimised and understood;
• Writing reports and presenting at senior committee meetings;
• Supporting, coaching and mentoring junior team members.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme