Risk Analyst Lead
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2018
- Ref R001500235
• Risk Analyst Lead in our head offices in Swindon.
• £30,204 - £36,916 a year on a permanent 35 hours a week contract.
• Salary package dependent on skills and experience and internal policy.
• Send in your application by 26th March 2018
Are you passionate about solving complex problems, identifying trends and explaining them? If so, and you have a degree or experience working with data, we’ll provide the training to help you further develop your career at Nationwide.
The expanding role of risk management at Nationwide, along with continuous improvement of our modelling capability means that an exciting opportunity has become available to join the vibrant Model Risk Overnight team. As a Risk Analyst Lead, you’ll be a role that is critical in the independent validation of the models used to manage the Nationwide business. You’ll be ensuring that the models we use to measure and manage our risks and performance fit the Society’s needs. Offering unparalleled breadth of scope, you can have the opportunity to work on a wide range of models, including credit risk, capital, stress testing and forecasting.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have some experience of building or working with models
• Have experience of using analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python or SPSS (or similar statistical software)
• Enjoy working with data, generating insight and providing recommendations. You’ll have experience gained of this either through your degree or on the job experience
• Have a logical and analytical mind with a passion for solving complex problems that deliver real business benefit
• Have an ability to work, independently or as a part of a team, to a high standard of accuracy and present information in a logical and professional format
• Have strong verbal and written skills that ensure you can explain technical concepts to less technically focused colleagues
It would be nice if you also had:
• Education to degree level
• Familiarity with model validation
• Experience influencing both peers and more senior colleagues
• Knowledge of Treasury, Commercial, Economic or markets models
• Familiarity with the regulatory framework around IRB and/or stress testing models
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a risk manager, you will be working as part of a team, examining models from across the society. Our work is broad and varied, but generally includes:
• Testing and assessing various models to determine their ability to achieve their intended purpose
• Maintenance and development of the policies and standards for models across the Society
• Building relationships with team members and across the business to ensure model risk is minimised and understood
• Writing reports and presenting at senior committee meetings
• Supporting junior analysts in the team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme