- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/10/2018
- Ref R001500347
• Risk Analyst in our Swindon office
• Salary range from £25,421 to £36,720 a year on a permanent 35 hours a week contract
• Salary dependant on experience and internal policy
• Closing date 30/10/2018
The expanding role of modelling in risk management has led Nationwide to invest in their Retail Credit Risk modelling capability, demonstrating the value it places on advances in this area.
As part of this investment, a fantastic opportunity has become available, as we are seeking a Risk Analyst to join the Retail IRB Modelling Team, operating from our Swindon office. We are looking for a motivated individual who embraces challenges and has a desire to learn in a supportive environment.
As a Risk Analyst, you will play a leading role in the design, development and maintenance of Retail Credit Risk IRB models. The role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be involved in detailed analysis of complex problems, to provide recommendations and solutions which deliver real business benefit.
Who we're looking for
Demonstrate a genuine desire and aptitude to develop a career with a leading financial services player, and a desire to be a key part of shaping a successful team. Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit;
For this role, as a minimum you'll need to:
• Have experience in working with data, generating insight and providing recommendations;
• Have a strong quantitative degree e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics or a related subject;
• Have experience in statistical model development using SAS (or similar statistical software, e.g. Stata, R, Python);
• Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities;
• Have good written, verbal and influencing skills.
It would be desirable if you have
• Previous experience in model builds, with an ability to apply different modelling techniques;
• An awareness and understanding of retail IRB risk modelling;
• Have a good understanding of risk management practices such as credit scoring and how it is used to manage credit risk.
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of Retail Credit Risk IRB models. The role will involve communicating the performance of models to the wider business, working with stakeholders to ensure that models are effectively implemented, as well as working closely with model reviewers including internal oversight, audit and regulators to ensure model development processes are robust and effective.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career;
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%;
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary;
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays;
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday;
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets;
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme.