Risk Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 25/10/2018
- Ref R001500348
- A Risk Manager in our head offices in Swindon
- Competitive salary, plus benefits on a 1 year secondment.
- Salary dependent on experience and internal policy
- Send in your application by 25/10/2018.
A fantastic opportunity has become available as a Risk Manager in our established Retail Decision Modelling team based at Nationwide Headquarters in Swindon. The role involves leading and motivating a small team of less experienced modellers who are responsible for delivering decision tools that enable the business to make better decisions for our members.
As a Risk Manager, with the support of a Senior Risk manager, you will be responsible for leading projects relating to the ongoing development, maintenance and monitoring of Credit Risk decision models covering all cycles (Application, Behavioural and Collections), Regulatory PD Scorecards and Affordability solutions across all our Retail lending portfolios. The role will require a strong understanding of retail modelling, portfolio behaviour and the application of models into key business decisions. Hands-on model development experience will be essential, as the role will involve developing and executing solutions to complex business problems. Capability to translate complex issues into a more palatable form for a less technical audience will also be critical to ensure productive relationships with key stakeholders. Furthermore, a strong understanding of the model development process will be required to ensure accurate project plans and delivery of projects to time.
People leadership experience will be essential for you to motivate and enable your team and support the wider team to deliver high quality models.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
- Have hands-on experience of motivating and mentoring a team of technical model developers
- Have several years’ experience in Retail Modelling, preferably scorecard development
- Have strong knowledge of Retail lending products, ideally Unsecured and Secured products
- Have a strong quantitative degree ideally from a Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial or related subject
- Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities
- Have high quality communication and influencing skills
- Be an effective planner and have the capacity to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a broad diversity of stakeholders
- Be able to interpret and communicate model MI to less technical audiences
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for supporting the development of in-house modelling capability within the Retail Decision Modelling team. This will involve leading a small team of less experienced modellers to develop credit scorecards, regulatory PD scorecards and affordability solutions which meet business needs, satisfy any regulatory requirements and are of sufficiently high standard to meet independent validation requirements.
The role will involve engagement with the Systems, Product Risk, Collections, Retail IRB Modelling and Model Validation teams to ensure that that requirements are understood, met and implementable. You will also be responsible for presenting your projects and various scorecard MI to modelling fora and committees.
You will be required to develop the skills and knowledge of your team such that they have the expertise to achieve current and future business requirements, as well as progress their careers within Nationwide.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme