Risk Manager Lead - Data & Analytics
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/06/2018
- Ref R001500290
• 2nd Line Operational Risk Oversight - Risk Manager Lead (with a focus on Data and/or Information Management and/or Insight and Analytics) in our Swindon Head Office
• Salary range from £50,337 to £72,709, salary dependant on current package and internal policy
• Full time, permanent contract
• Send in your application by 22nd June 2018
We are moving into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy, which allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. An organisation where we make a difference to our members’ and colleagues’ lives, driven by a desire to do the right thing, in the right way.
Our mutuality and brand purpose ‘Building Society Nationwide’ defines and differentiates us. Our reputation as a good employer reflects the very special culture and ethos of Nationwide, which is encapsulated in our values.
As a modern mutual, we are always striving to better ourselves to deliver an excellent service for all our members; services relevant to the digital age but with the continuing personal touch.
In this Risk Manager Lead position, you will help us not only to preserve the value of the Society but also to create new value. You will be working in Operational Risk Oversight within the Second Line of Defence, supporting the business and the board in making risk-informed decisions.
Why Operational Risk Oversight?
This is an exciting time to join the team. The prominence of Operational Risk Oversight continues to increase, and second line is routinely asked to provide opinion to Executive Management. This fantastic opportunity has arisen as we have recently increased the size of the team to meet the demand for Oversight opinion.
Who we're looking for
We are ideally looking for individuals with a combination of Oversight/Assurance and Information Management or Data or Insight and Analytics experience.
Working primarily with our Data & Analytics Community, we are ideally looking for someone who has experience of working in an Oversight/Assurance capacity with Data and Information Management professionals. Relevant experiences may range from a working knowledge of Data/Information Management; to an analytics and insight role using financial and/or non financial data to leverage value.
There will also be plenty of opportunity to develop your understanding of other areas of Operational Risk and our Risk Framework.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Experience of planning, leading and delivering oversight or assurance reviews and/or
• Demonstrable experience of working in one or more key disciplines such as Information Management, Data, Analytics and Insight.
• Strong influencing and communication skills (written and oral), with the confidence to engage senior leadership and to maintain effective working relationships.
• Personal drive and initiative combined with the ability to lead, and work effectively within a team, building collaboration and delivering results.
• A commitment to building your own career and to develop yourself as a leader and risk professional, but equally to mentor and coach others within the Society.
It would be useful if you also had:
• Experience of Operational risk framework components e.g. Risk Assessment, Issue Management.
• A relevant industry/SME recognised qualification (e.g. IRM).
What you'll be doing
You will work closely with the First (Business Areas) and Third (Audit) Lines of Defence, with exposure to Senior Management. Specific responsibilities will include providing Risk Oversight on the effective management of:
• Lead in-depth risk reviews, and helping First Line to develop and deliver actions to close issues and minimise risk.
• Risk and control assessments; providing evidence-based opinion and challenge where necessary.
• Challenging First Line management information, papers and activity, face-to-face and in writing for submission to executive committees and boards.
• Raising awareness of the Society’s operational risk exposure.
• Maintaining a network of senior stakeholders and keeping up-to-date with the latest industry developments and approaches to operational risk management.
• Maintaining knowledge of risk trends across the sector that could be used to inform Oversight activity.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656