Risk Manager Lead - Enterprise Risk Strategy (12 month secondment)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 26/03/2018
- Ref R001500211
• A Risk Manager Lead – Enterprise Risk Strategy in our head offices in Swindon
• £49,838 - £66,451 a year on a 12 month secondment, working 35 hours a week
• Send in your application by 26th March 2018
Do you have what it takes to influence, and instill confidence at the highest level?
Do you want to apply your Risk and Control Management know-how to challenge and influence the society’s direction?
Who we're looking for
Proactive, insightful, knowledgeable and credible – are these words that describe you, then this could be your perfect role. We are looking for a Risk Manager Lead to join the Enterprise Risk Strategy team, focusing on all things Controls related.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have considerable hands on experience in Risk and Control Framework and Management activities within the financial sector (ideally first or second line roles)
• Be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence at all levels
• Have the ability to approach complex problems, delivering appropriate solutions that meet the needs of our members, the society and regulatory requirements
• Have excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to adapt and foster relationships across a wide range of communities and technical areas
• Have experience of operating within a programme structure or with project management disciplines
What you'll be doing
It's an exciting time to be part of Enterprise Risk Strategy, with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework - Simplification Programme being delivered by the team in partnership with the societies risk teams. This is where you come in.
You will work with a team of risk professionals who maintain and strive to continuously improve the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ensuring it enables more effective and efficient risk and control management processes supporting business decision making.
You will be responsible for delivering your own high profile workstreams as part of the ERMF Simplification Programme, as well as contributing to the overall successful delivery of other workstreams and the overall programme.
As a Risk Manager Lead within Enterprise Risk Strategy you will be responsible for working with the societies risk teams, across all risk categories to deliver high quality solutions (frameworks, standards and processes) that enable risk and control management to operated consistently, simply and seamlessly throughout the society.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.