- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 21/03/2018
- Ref R001900444
- A Business Risk Partner, in our Risk & Incident Management Team, to specialise in IT
- Based in our head offices, Swindon
- Salary Up to £46k, depending upon skills, experience and current remuneration
- This is permanent, 35 hour week contract
- Please send in your application by 21st March 2018
At Nationwide, our members expect Resilient IT that ensures a safe and secure home for their money and great service 24/7. As a Business Risk Partner within the Risk & Incident Management Team, you’ll help colleagues in the IT Operation to objectively describe and rate their risks and controls and to focus effort on preventing those events that stop us from providing Legendary Service.
Who we're looking for
You will be an IT Risk Professional looking to build your experience in risk and controls management in a leading Financial Services organisation.
As a minimum requirement, you will have experience of:
- Working with the CoBIT framework and know their Process Capability Model
- Engaging with Executive level stakeholders and being their Risk Partner and trusted advisor
- Leading Risk & Controls Assessments
- Process improvement in one or more steps in the IT Asset Lifecycle
- Training and educating IT specialists in risk management
- Communicating technical concepts to a general business audience, verbally and in writing
What you'll be doing
As part of the Risk & Incident Management team, you’ll be routinely documenting new risks or reviewing existing ones with the Executive owners following learning from incidents, changes in threats and after successful delivery of controls improvements. You will also help Executives and Managers design and implement controls enhancements and guide them in how to track and report their effectiveness. This role is key to ensuring a risk aware culture in the IT operation.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme