Senior Governance Manager (12- Month Fixed Term Contract)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 21/12/2018
- Ref R002100215
- A Senior Manager, leading governance across the Retail & Distribution and Product & Proposition Communities
- Based in our Swindon Head Office
- Full-Time (35 hour), 12-Month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to lead a multi-skilled team working to deliver first-line governance and business management activities in support of the Society’s propositions and distribution channels.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be an experienced senior leader, with expertise in governance practices, great organisational and communication skills, and be proactive in suggesting solutions. You won’t be thrown by challenges and can influence the agenda.
It’s important that you can establish and develop relationships with colleagues across the business at the highest level.
You will be joining a dynamic and creative team, with drive for further development and progression. This means that you will have a great opportunity to shape and plan the direction of the team and bring past experiences and new ideas to the forefront.
Who we're looking for
- Have significant experience in financial services, ideally in a governance leadership role, with the ability to identify and highlight weaknesses and potential threats
- Be able to deal with a high volume, complex and varied workload
- Be able lead prioritisation activities and deal with conflicting priorities, delivering in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong relationship management, negotiating, impact and influencing skills at the most senior levels
- Have experience of advising business areas and stakeholders on governance and policy issues, both at a local and senior strategic level
- Have extensive people leadership and line management experience and the ability to drive projects from planning to implementation phases
It would be nice if you also had:
- A blend of technical risk and governance expertise and commercial acumen and be to understand the full risk and controls landscape and anticipate the changes within technology and financial services
- Experience working in a first-line defence role, either in distribution channels or proposition management/ development
- A degree, or relevant professional qualification, or 5 years’ relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of the UK Code of Corporate Governance and FCA SYSC Requirements
What you'll be doing
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for leading and overseeing the delivery of the Society’s end-to-end proposition and distribution risk governance frameworks, ensuring effective day-to-day operation is maintained and driving the strategic evolution of governance models.
- Providing personal support and guidance to the most senior levels on governance matters, ensuring that Senior Management Functions (SMF) accountabilities are met and ‘reasonable steps’ are demonstrated.
- Responsible for leading the formulation of functional strategy and providing challenge into departmental strategy.
- You will also be responsible for identifying any new governance topics/issues impacting the business areas, project managing and liaising with senior management, as required.
- From time to time you will also be required to lead the production/collation of Financial Regulators requested governance information and ad-hoc governance and business management activity.
- Leading a team of risk and governance professionals, ensuring that objectives and outcomes are achieved and establishing the right working environment for your people to thrive.
- Supporting the business to develop and maintain a proactive and open risk and governance culture, driving continuous improvement and excellence.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday per annum plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance