Senior Risk Analyst - Unsecured Portfolio Risk
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 20/03/2018
- Ref R001500240
• Senior Risk Analyst in our Head office in Swindon
• £34,960 - £54,497 a year on a permanent, full time contract
• Salary package dependent on skills and experience and internal policy.
• Closing date: 20th March 2018
Do you enjoy working with data sets, analysing them, pulling out trends and explaining them? If so, and you have a degree or experience working with data we’ll train you up and help you further your career with Nationwide
This role within the Unsecured Credit Risk portfolio team includes analysing data, identifying trends and creating a story to provide robust insight to the business. The key element of this role will be to support the understanding of portfolio performance and ensure that the planned growth in the business is within risk appetite. Unsecured lending is a key part of Nationwide and as such you will be an integral part of the team, adding value through the analysis of data.
You will start your career spending a lot of time working with data, coding, producing MI and analysis, we mainly do this through SAS and export in to Excel. Therefore, if you have knowledge of technical languages like SAS, SQL, R, Python or SPSS, you could have a good foundation for us. In addition to all of the on the job training, we will also help you identify and reach your career aspirations.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience of using analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, R, Python or SPSS
• Enjoy working with data, and have a proven track record generating insight and providing recommendations
• Have a logical and analytical mind with a passion for solving complex problems that deliver real business benefit
• An ability to work, independently or as a part of a team, to a high standard of accuracy and present information in a logical and professional format.
• Strong verbal and written skills that ensure you can explain technical concepts to less technically focused colleagues
It would also be advantageous if you had:
• Have a good understanding of the financial services sector
• Education to degree level
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Risk Manager you’ll work as part of a team of analysts, managing the credit risk strategy in one of the unsecured credit risk portfolios. The areas will include the Personal Loan, Credit Card and Current Account portfolios.
• You’ll develop business strategies, employing relevant analytical techniques to ensure optimal outcomes to drive forward projects that support our corporate goals
• You’ll support in the creation of MI to monitor portfolio performance across a variety of key performance indicators
• You’ll provide regular updates and insight to the risk committees and senior management
• You’ll identify new opportunities to enhance current decision-making and strategies across the wider business.
• You’ll build relationships across the business by regularly engaging and presenting recommendations to key stakeholders within Group Risk and the wider society
• You’ll provide coaching and support for junior analysts within the team, helping shape their development and growth
• You’ll be heavily involved in shaping the team priorities for the coming year
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme