Senior Risk Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/05/2018
- Ref R001500271
• A Senior Risk Analyst to work across our head offices in Swindon and at our Bournemouth Administration Centre.
• £34,960 - £50,497 a year on a permanent, full time basis
• Submit your application by 25th May 2018
As part of the expanding role and importance of risk management, the Risk Community is seeking a Senior Risk Analyst to fulfil an important role within the Secured Credit Risk team specialising in residential and buy to let mortgage lending policy. The role will also encompass overseeing the quality assurance of both secured and unsecured portfolio products.
The team seeks to support the business by managing and improving upon risk policy and measuring user compliance.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in Underwriting and/or Quality Assurance reviews;
o make good decisions from the analysis gathered through credit application reviews
• Experience in leading on thematic policy reviews;
o provide insightful analysis to help shape new policy initiatives and recognising opportunities to form efficient operational processes
• An understanding of the credit risk environment;
o working collaboratively with key stakeholders, sharing knowledge to achieve goals
• A logical and analytical mind with a passion for solving complex problems;
o building trust, through confident and timely responses to complex policy queries
• A desire to stretch yourself and seek challenges;
o be innovative, keeping abreast of market changes, constantly reviewing and recommending improvements to policy
• Self-motivation with a proven capability;
o drive for results by planning and prioritising workloads to ensure timely submission of reports
• A willingness to take the initiative and deliver positive outcomes
o when faced with challenges, use your understanding of the audience and situation to influence others in an appropriate way
• Experience of managing or training people;
o requirement to deputise for Risk Manager with a proven record of training less experienced work colleagues
What you'll be doing
The role will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to work in a team of experienced risk practitioners, who will be engaged in numerous aspects of the application of credit risk policy.
As a Senior Risk Analyst, you will be responsible for maintaining and implementing policy improvements through thematic reviews and quality assurance results. As a policy expert, you will provide specialist advice to internal and external parties, as well as publishing and reviewing policy communications.
With a keen eye for detail, you will conduct and oversee an independent quality assurance function ensuring that credit policy is adhered to, recommending actions to be taken where issues exist. In addition to measuring user compliance with policy, the role offers the chance to engage with business area representatives to ensure the effective implementation of policy initiatives.
Your work will be varied and technically demanding. You could be working on a number of projects at any one time, meaning you will need to be self-motivated and manage your own time to meet a range of objectives.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme