Senior Scenario Analysis and Exercising Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/08/2018
- Ref R001900535
- A Senior Scenario Analysis and Exercising Consultants to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration) based on a permanent, full time contract
- Please send in your application by 1st August 2018
You will be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
You will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will be an effective communicator, who excels at influencing others and building good relationships.
You will work with Senior Managers to deliver the annual scenario analysis programme. This is a technical engagement requiring deep SME knowledge.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Hold a degree or relevant industry certification in business continuity, incident management or risk management
- Detailed understanding of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301
- Significant experience in business continuity, incident management and or risk management
- Significant Project Management experience
- Experience of developing and delivering high impact training and exercise programmes.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relate to and influence employees at all levels and a strong ability to write business papers and reports
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience of engaging and influencing to Director level
- The ability to stay focused and provide direction and leadership throughout the periods of high pressure created by major incidents
- Good understanding of operational and conduct risk.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Membership of the business continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI / MBCI)
- Experience in financial services
- Detailed understanding of Nationwide strategy, structures, processes, products and associated systems.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise for Society-wide scenario analysis and exercising.
You will support the Senior Manager in delivering the Society-wide scenario analysis and exercising programme, feeding into the Capital Model for operational and conduct risks, helping to inform Board risk appetite and reporting of capital adequacy.
You will be required to work with senior stakeholders to deliver effective horizon scanning that incorporates internal and external factors, reporting identified risks through the business to enable effective preparedness for major known and unknown events.
You will support the continuous improvement of the Scenario Analysis capability across operational improvements, ensuring the Society becomes more resilient to risks of disruption.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme