Service Improvement Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/10/2018
- Ref R001900539
- A Service Improvement Consultant to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £30,000 - £44,000 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, full time contract.
- Please send in your application by 22nd October 2018
You will be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide Business Continuity and Incident Management capability.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
You will have experience within a training or learning and development environment, with a track record of developing training design and delivery across numerous courses and business communities.
You will have worked with 3rd parties, from identification of their services through to implementation and review.
You will have the knowledge and experience of Incident Management best practices and application of those within any area of business domain, preferably, Financial Services or IT.
You will have experience working on projects, managing workloads, prioritising tasks and leading a project through to completion.
You will have the ability to understand stakeholders’ needs and influence, where required, to drive improvements and mitigate identified risks.
You will be required to work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact with meticulous written and oral communication skills.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- A good understanding of training design and delivery methods.
- Strong organisational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven experience with pro-active thinking and relationship building.
- An understanding of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301.
- Ability to understand stakeholders needs and influence when required.
- Project Management experience.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical material to a wide range of colleagues/audiences.
- Strong ability to quickly understand and work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact.
- Proven ability to think on your feet, create solutions to enable decisions to be made quickly when under pressure.
It would be nice if you also had:
- A degree or relevant industry certification in Business Continuity, Incident Management or Risk Management: ISO 22301.
- Membership of the Business Continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI / MBCI).
- Certification in learning and development (e.g. CIPD/ TAP)
- Experience in financial services.
- Robust judgement, decision making and creative problem-solving ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Awareness of Nationwide’s business objectives and structure including a good working knowledge of customer impacts and conduct risks.
- The experience of implementing and/or working to meet Business Continuity requirements as part of any Business Continuity Framework, preferably, ISO 22301.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for supporting the training and development of Business Continuity and Incident Management skills and knowledge across the society. You will support and lead on developing and delivering training material across a wide-range of stakeholders.
You will support in creating and executing a training plan, society-wide, to achieve and maintain the required standards of knowledge and awareness of Business Continuity.
You will be working with communities from across the business and external training partners to develop training material and make sure of the effectiveness of 3rd party involvement.
You will be involved in the programme to achieve and continue working to ISO22301 standards for business continuity, supporting the project and ensuring its success.
You will be required to work with senior stakeholders to ensure that the requirements of the Business Continuity and Incident Management strategy and supporting policies are realised.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme