Service Improvement Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/08/2018
- Ref R001900539
- A number of Service Improvement Consultants to join the Directorate of Business Continuity & Incident Management in our head offices in Swindon.
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, full time contract
- Please send in your application by 28th August 2018
You will be part of a dynamic Team, responsible for delivering an industry-leading, end-to-end, enterprise-wide business continuity and incident management capability.
You will be required to be part of a formal on call 24-hour rota enabling rapid response to issues or problems that may arise in the business. You will work to tight deadlines and respond at short-notice; therefore, you will need a good level of personal resilience and self-motivation to get you through the challenging times.
Who we're looking for
You will bring experience in business continuity and incident management, be agile and thrive within a challenging and continuously improving environment.
You will have the ability to understand stakeholders needs and influence where required to drive improvements and mitigate identified risks.
You will be required to work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact with meticulous written communication skills.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- A detailed understanding of Business Continuity and Resilience regulatory requirements and industry standards, including BA23; BCI Good Practice and ISO 22301.
- Business incident management experience
- Project Management experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand stakeholders needs and influence when required.
- Ability to communicate resilience and continuity issues and constraints to technical and non-technical colleagues/audiences.
- Strong ability to quickly understand and work with complex technical and non-technical business matters, recognise and communicate business / member impact.
- Proven ability to think on your feet, create solutions to enable decisions to be made quickly when under pressure
It would be nice if you also had:
- A degree or relevant industry certification in business continuity, incident management or risk management
- Membership of the business continuity institute (e.g. AMBCI / MBCI)
- Experience in financial services
- Training skills and experience, including the development of training materials
- Robust judgement, decision making and creative problem-solving ability to influence positive outcomes
- Experience in leading post incident reviews
- Experience in control testing
- Awareness of Nationwide’s business objectives and structure including a good working knowledge of customer impacts and conduct risks.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for supporting the continuous improvement of business continuity and incident management through the effective delivery of Post Incident Reviews (PIRs), assurance activities including controls testing, and training.
You will provide expert business consultancy services at every stage of the project lifecycle or when formulating proactive proposals for service, process or customer experience enhancements within the Continuous Improvement team.
You will be required to work with senior stakeholders to ensure that the requirements of the Business Continuity and Incident Management strategy and supporting policies are realised.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme