- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £19,453 - £28,098
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/10/2018
- Ref R002500040
• A Secretary to our Director’s within our Data & Analytics community
• Based in our Swindon, Nationwide House Office (potential for ad hoc travel to our London office as required)
• £19,453.00 - £28,098.00 a year and an excellent benefits package
• This is a permanent contract working 35 hours per week
If you’re looking for a challenging role, working across Data & Analytics and the broader community, collaborating with external bodies and stakeholders alike, this role will give you loads of opportunities to do that.
As a Secretary to the Director’s, you’ll get to do what you’d expect a Secretary to do – keep your boss’s effective, filter and prioritise for them to make sure they’re able to focus on what they need to. Your great organisational and people skills will see you able to deal confidently with people at all levels, in a variety of situations, and you won’t be thrown by challenges or rapidly changing demands in a fast-paced environment.
We’d love someone who’s a team player, thrives on providing first-class, professional support to the Director’s and, using their excellent communication skills, can establish and develop relationships with colleagues across the business at the highest level as well as external contacts.
For more information on this role please contact Julia Phippard (Hiring Manager) or Dan Wilson (Resourcing Manager).
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement:
• You’ll be bright, ambitious and passionate about your work, with plenty of self-motivation
• You’ll pre-empt the Director’s needs and use your initiative every day, taking ownership of activities and challenges
• Your creative problem-solving skills will mean no task is too large or small for you to approach with all your enthusiasm
• You’ll have a proven track record of exceptional Secretarial skills which will be shown through your outstanding administrative, organisational planning, communication and time management skills
• You’ll be calm working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
• You’ll need to always be diligent and discreet, operating with workplace maturity
• Your brilliant Microsoft Office technical skills will see everything you produce being of the highest standard
• You’ll be an excellent ambassador for the Society with external stakeholders, including investors and regulatory bodies
• You’ll directly support a number of our Directors of Data & Analytics and work with the senior management team to proactively contribute to the smooth running of the community. This will include diary management, action tracking, event and visitor support and preparation for key Boards and Committees. Fresh ideas and initiative will be hugely welcome from a diverse area interacting with exciting and demanding audiences.
What you'll be doing
• Supporting the Director’s of Data & Analytics to help them make the most of their day and be as effective as possible
• Reviewing all incoming communication traffic (internal/external) to screen for relevant issues and effectively brief the relevant Director
• Provide a highly professional, proactive service, with high levels of flexibility, integrity and discretion
• Support with the creation of content and presentation materials for various meetings and conferences, as well minute-taking, action tracking and budget monitoring
• Coach and mentor the support team within Data & Analytics
• Work closely with the Secretarial community to manage email inboxes, collate and prioritise papers for meetings, and at times cover for other Secretaries if they’re not in the office
• Provide event/logistics support for the team and across the community where required
• Anticipate the Director’s needs and proactively bringing together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues
• Establish and develop relationships with colleagues across the business including external contacts
• Support the governance of the Executive Committee meetings; agendas, action and briefing
The extras you'll get
The extras you’ll get If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme