IT Solution Architect
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/07/2018
- Ref R001900599
- A number of IT Solution Architects, located at our Head Office in Swindon.
- Salary £58,840 - £73,436 a year (Dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on permanent , 35 hours per week.
- Please send in your application by 29th July 2018
Nationwide is dedicated to delivering change that is cost-effective, future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives. To ensure that our systems, data and business processes are migrated to the target state in a robust manner, it is important to accurately define our solution architecture and assure the integrity of the solution throughout its lifecycle.
The Architecture domain is a vibrant and growing department within the Operations and Delivery Community of Nationwide with a challenging mandate to architect and assure the delivery of effective, well governed, innovative and pragmatic solutions within our large change portfolio.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be a credible individual who is armed with widespread experience of solution architecture. You’ll have used architecture frameworks and methods to successfully deliver change as a solution architect.
You will be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:
Leadership - You will inspire trust and be able to properly motivate, influence and support decisions. You will be able to communicate clearly with stakeholders across the organisation and set an example for your colleagues.
Translator - You will be able to translate business needs into the required design of organisation, process, technology etc. and you will be able to clearly articulate pragmatic solutions which take into account all necessary factors including ROI, time, cost, impact, complexity.
Collaboration and Growth - You will be able to ensure that knowledge, ideas, opinions and experience are properly represented in common principles, guidelines, structures and plans and share this with your colleagues in the practice.
Dealing with Complexity - You will be able to demonstrate your ability to reduce complex information to essentials and to clearly and concisely communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
Organisation - You will be able to facilitate the process in which responsibilities are assigned properly within the organisation and you will be able to plan your own and, where appropriate, others time and resources effectively
As a skilled IT Solution Architect you will have the following skills and knowledge:
- Analytical and technical ability with a robust grasp of architectural thinking and governance
- A wide exposure to and experience of architecting and delivering large-scale technical solutions across multiple platforms
- The ability to deliver technical solutions that support the IT strategic direction and needs of the business.
- An understanding or the ability to quickly gain an understanding of our core systems and strategic direction
- Experience in creating and managing complex, well-engineered documentation materials appropriate to the audience and situation that enable timely and informed decision making
- Personal drive to understand the bigger picture and contribute to and shape the realisation of our IT strategy.
What you'll be doing
Working within our Architecture Domain, you’ll be accountable for defining the Architecture Solution Outline for major programmes and projects within a variety of portfolios dependent on demand.
You will act as a design authority to ensure the delivered solution is consistent with the approved architecture vision for the programme. Armed with up to date industry knowledge you’ll manage the resolution of Architecture risks and issues, dependencies and impacts to minimise risk, whilst offering continual enhancement to existing processes.
This is a high profile programme and project delivery role and you’ll be expected to deliver successful solutions as part of challenging projects within aggressive timelines.
Specifically, you will be required to:
- Work closely with other Architects within the Business such as Business, IM and Infrastructure Architects to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for the Solution Architecture
- Lead E2E Architecture on a variety of projects on behalf of the Architecture function
- Ensure Solution Integrity throughout the change lifecycle (as per the defined Change Framework) on projects and programmes.
- Act as a design authority to ensure that all solutions are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and meet the current and future needs of the business
- Provide specialist consultancy and advice on complex tasks, business functions and delivery solutions
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme