Marketing Planning Manager
- Location Swindon, Bournemouth, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/05/2018
- Ref R001800125
- A marketing planning manager in our head offices in either Swindon or Bournemouth.
- £41,951 - £60,596 pa for a 35 hour week
- Applications are invited until 28th May 2018
The Strategic Planning Team’s defining vision is to drive collaboration across the community in order to shape and deliver the Marketing & Engagement Plan. This is an exciting opportunity to help us define how we market our products, propositions and services to our existing members.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and job sharing.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone who is commercial, organised and structured. You will be able to run and govern decision making forums with senior members of the M&E team and feel confident in owning and chasing actions. You will be an excellent relationship builder, who can help us work with the wider business to understand objectives and translate that into a marketing plan that helps deliver the overall society strategy.
- Strategic Thinker – The ability to think about the bigger picture to answer business objectives and deliver via a marketing plan.
- Commercial Acumen – have a commercial mind and be comfortable with commercial decisions
- Marketing Knowledge -demonstrate a good understanding of the marketing mix, working across all our channels.
- Confident – be able to own and run marketing decision meetings and feel confident discussing marketing with SMEs from across the community
- Relationship Management – be confident in dealing with senior stakeholders from across the business.
- Analytical – be able to understand marketing performance and effectiveness and turn this into compelling dashboards
- Storytelling – the ability to write papers for senior stakeholders and meetings with clear understanding of the audience.
What you'll be doing
You’ll help make great things happen. You work predominately run and own one of the marketing planning workstreams. The planning managers looking after the workstreams have a critical role to play in the vision by bringing together the key channels in order to deliver their respective ambitions.
- Responsible for working with the workstream LT sponsor to facilitate and manage monthly (at the very least) planning forums.
- Own and deliver the required governance and structure to ensure that the forums are well run and decisions and actions are documented, agreed and tracked.
- Own the work stream plan and both a high and detailed level, understanding the deliverables on a monthly basis (at the very least)
- Facilitate the delivery of specific plan items were required, through co-ordination of marketing & engagement teams responsible for delivery. For example the discretionary activity surrounding community boards.
- Build and facilitate the creation of a workstream KPI dashboard, understanding the metrics and their movements to help decision making in each workstream.
- Understand the key insight that drives each workstream’s KPIs and performance.
- Ensure a collaborative approach across the workstream, strategic planning & community teams.
- Work with other planning managers to understand all asks on the community and ensure they are delivered.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.