- Location Swindon, Bournemouth, England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 04/01/2019
- Ref R002203278
• A Senior Analyst based in our Bournemouth Office or Nationwide House, Swindon
• £25,421 - £36,720 a year depending on current remuneration package and experience
• This is a Permanent Full-time opportunity – 35 hours per week
If you love numbers and have experience in analysing large databases then we want to hear from you.....
In this challenging and rewarding role you will influence decisions that have real impact on the future direction of Nationwide’s Retail network and our strategy. Your ability to quickly see the trends and issues that data is showing will enable you to deliver insights that tell a story, guiding our planning and decision making.
Our team provides Geo-Spatial analytics to explain how demographic profiles, our performance and potential differ by UK geography. And how the locations of our branch network influence and are influenced by this.
We’re looking for a motivated and committed individual who thrives on problem solving. You will enjoy investigating and linking data together to tell a compelling story, supporting the strategy of our Retail network. You’ll proactively and positively approach problems and help challenge the status-quo, getting to grips with complex data and turning it into actionable insight for stakeholders at all levels of the business. You will thrive off self-motivated learning, to own and drive your personal development to make the most of progression opportunities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• The ability to communicate difficult concepts to management
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong experience of using Excel and other presentation packages e.g. PowerPoint and Word
• Good influencing skills
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly regulated financial services
• Experience of using SQL, SAS or similar, to analyse large data sets
• A relevant degree or equivalent (such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or other Science Discipline)
• Experience with ArcGIS and Qlikview
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working as part of a team delivering projects ranging from market potential to member allocation, collaborating with teams including Customer Insights, Data & Analytics and Branch Transformation.
You’ll look after your own projects and timelines, primarily delivering them with ArcGIS, Excel, SQL and SAS.
In this role you are likely to be involved in;
• Completing analysis used directly by senior management
• Telling the story of the analysis and bringing it to life for the wider business picture
• Making recommendations for future business strategy
• Influencing the shape of our branch network
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme