Senior Product Manager, Strategy & Planning, Protection, Insurance & Investments
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £60,406 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/03/2018
- Ref R002100137
- A Senior Product Manager - Strategy & Planning, Protection, Insurance & Investments
- Based in our head offices in Swindon
- £60,406 - £87,258 a year on a full time, permanent contract
- Applications, along with a covering letter, are invited until Tuesday 27th March 2018
Our team are accountable for end to end product and propositions for our Life Assurance, General Insurance, Investment & Retirement businesses. They are responsible for the strategy and plans for these propositions, and for delivering to them.
Another way of seeing this is that our team ensure our members are protecting their homes, families and saving for their long-term future.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker with commercial acumen to take over responsibility for strategy and planning across our multiple insurance and investment propositions along with commercial and contractual management of our Protection and Investment 3rd parties.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Prior experience in a strategy and planning role
- Contract and commercial relationship management experience
- Previously been in a role where you demonstrated successful 3rd party partnering
- Demonstrable strategy delivery experience
- Knowledge of protection, insurance and investments
- Suitable numeracy and analytical skills
- The ability to collaborate across an organisation
- Finessed your influencing technique, through your exposure to various senior stakeholders across an organisation
- Strong leadership and management skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead and manage a team in an exciting and growing area, amongst those at the forefront of the society’s strategy to differentiate and diversify its business lines.
You’ll lead proposition strategies, including new product development and overall customer strategy, to achieve company objectives. You’ll be expected to present these strategies up to the most senior stakeholder level.
You’ll also be responsible for setting the commercial plans across the business lines ensuring the right balance of commerciality and customer outcomes is achieved and ensuring that all key stakeholders are bought in to these plans.
Our business lines are dependent on some key 3rd parties to deliver our products and propositions and in this role, you will have responsibility for leading the day-to-day contractual relationships holding them to account and ensuring we jointly continue to facilitate great products and services to our members.
- Drive growth in an important and diverse market area
- Collaborate across the organisation to agree strategy and plans for delivery of our end to end propositions, which are often complex and heavily regulated
- Manage multiple protection and investment commercial and contractual agreements, maintaining strong and successful relationships with our strategic partners such as Legal and General and Aegon,
- Collaborate and influence other areas, internally and externally to ensure agreement to our strategy and plans
- Develop and lead commercial business plans across protection, insurance and investments.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656 gross per annum