Senior Requirements Engineer (Senior Technical Specialist)
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/03/2018
- Ref R001900463
- A Senior Requirements Engineer to work within our Technical Practices, at our head offices in Swindon
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596 a year (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour week contract.
- Please send in your application by 23rd March 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join a fast-paced, expanding team in the role of a Senior Technical Specialist. There is exceptional scope to work across multiple portfolios, delivering IT change in a wide-ranging technical environment.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and innovative Requirements Engineer who can work in a constantly changing and challenging environment where multiple projects are concurrently running.
Facing off to senior stakeholders you'll translate their vision into a well-articulated set of technical artefacts, to enable our partners across the globe to deliver effectively.
As a minimum requirement you'll:
- Have proven delivery of systems requirements, including functional and non-functional artefacts.
- Have demonstrable capability in utilising industry standard tooling.
- Be an effective manager of contractor, partner and permanent resource across multiple locations.
- Have strong demonstrable experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and have the capability to drive transition to a more agile state.
What you'll be doing
Working as a Requirements Engineer covering both infrastructure and application analysis, producing artefacts which will enable delivery of a complex and diverse portfolio of work.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Task leadership
- Production and review of technical artefacts
- Produce and validate estimates and quotes
- Build working relationships internally and with associated strategic partners
- Carry out technical quality reviews of both internal and strategic partner deliverables
- Help to drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within the Technical Practice
- Coaching and mentoring team members
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme