Senior Technical Analyst
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/05/2018
- Ref R001900552
- A Senior Technical Analyst in the Technical Practices, ideally located in our head offices in Swindon, although location can be flexible
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hour week, contract
- Please send in your application by 22nd May 2018.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join a fast-paced, expanding team in the role of a Senior Technical Specialist. Exceptional scope to work across multiple portfolios delivering IT change in a wide-ranging technical environment.
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working, part time hours and/or job share.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, innovative Technical Analyst who can work in a constantly changing and challenging environment where multiple projects are concurrently running. Facing off to senior stakeholders to translate their vision into a well-articulated set of technical artefacts to enable our partners across the globe to deliver effectively.
To enable us to achieve this we need you to demonstrate experience in the following:-
- Proven delivery of systems requirements including functional and non-functional artefacts and demonstrable capability in utilising industry standard tooling.
- Effective management of contractor, partner and permanent resource across multiple locations.
- Strong experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and capability to drive transition to a more agile state.
What you'll be doing
Working as a Technical Analyst covering both infrastructure and application analysis, producing artefacts which will enable delivery of a complex and diverse portfolio of work.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Task leadership
- Production and review of technical artefacts and requirements
- Produce and validate estimates and quotes
- Build working relationships internally and with associated strategic partners
- Carry out technical quality reviews of both internal and strategic partner deliverables
- Help to drive continuous improvements across your assigned domain and within the Technical Practice
- Coaching and mentoring team members
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme