Solution Architect - Infrastructure
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/03/2018
- Ref R001900259
- Network Infrastructure Solution Architect based in one of main administration centres in Swindon, Bournemouth, Northampton or London (with regular travel to our head office in Swindon)
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35 hour week contract.
- Send in your application by 31st March 2018
We are moving at pace to transform our IT estate, introduce cloud solutions and simplify our infrastructure topology. We need someone who’ll be responsible for developing network solutions that will underpin the applications & services used by our members & colleagues. Someone with the ability to influence, communicate, lead the delivery and provide assurance of our architecture in this domain.
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such, we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working arrangements/location and part time hours; albeit this will need to be reviewed in the context of the operational requirements of the role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• be educated to degree level in a Computing or business equivalent
• be an established and respected network infrastructure architect with experience developing and implementing successful network solutions
• have previous experience in developing solutions for mission critical, high availability environments with large transactional volumes
• have a deep level of technical expertise across a range of network technologies (including Campus LAN, Data Centre LAN, SDN, WAN & Wi-Fi), products (including routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, load-balancers and intrusion detection / prevention) and vendors (including Cisco, Juniper & F5)
It would be nice if you also had:
• at least three years’ experience working as a network specialist in retail, telecommunications, utilities or financial services organisations
• a passion for technology, with an appreciation of industry trends
• experience of designing solutions around public cloud deployments (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS)
• an appreciation of beyond the network, including collaboration, converged compute architectures etc.
• knowledge of emerging network and security technologies
• a track record for representing your technology field across all business areas within an organisation, and comfortable managing differing levels of stakeholder.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for architecting network solutions, working alongside design teams to deliver strategic projects around Network Infrastructure.
You’ll need excellent communication and problem solving skills, enabling you to motivate technical teams to deliver high value solutions. With a high level of energy, a curious mind and a can-do attitude, you’ll identify issues and manage expectations while supporting our Network Enterprise Architect to drive through transformational change in our network topology.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme