- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/07/2018
- Ref R001900260
At Nationwide, being a progressive organisation means more than simply adopting the newest fintech mantra or jumping on the bandwagon of the latest emerging technology (with the oddest name). We’re the world’s largest building society, using genuinely sophisticated, bespoke systems and platforms to deliver a unique digital experience within the financial sector: an experience defined by our culture and our mutual status, shaped by our collective belief in providing financial services in a way that is agile, accessible, open and inclusive. Making sure our systems, data and business processes evolve and continue to meet our members’ needs, means defining the solutions we’re confident will deliver.
Who we're looking for
Are you used to agile development frameworks in the financial, retail or telco sector? If you’re also a team player with experience of DevOps and collaborative working, that’s good. Can you add knowledge of development languages such as Java, node JS, C#/.NET Core to the mix? We also need you to have a thorough understanding, preferably with hands-on experience, of API development, MicroServices and familiarity with cloud usage patterns such as SaaS, CaaS and PaaS. Above all this, you’re a creative thinker who thrives on challenges and has the confidence to push aside convention and try something new.
Ideally, you’ll also:
- know about digital or retail banking process automation
- Have designed MicroServices with Docker, OpenShift and Kubernettes
- Have used Apigee and Swagger for API design/development
- Be well-versed in DevOps through the likes of Git, Gerrit, Jenkins and Nexus to cover the full software lifecycle.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working with stakeholders across the business to fully understand and then prototype their requirements. Using DevOps tooling and working collaboratively, you’ll develop and test the prototypes as part of an agile methodology. A clear grasp of the different needs of teams across the Society will help you demonstrate the prototypes effectively. And you’ll have an overarching role to play in integration too, contributing to its strategy and roadmap, end-to-end reference architecture, and patterns, principles and policies.
The extras you'll get
Building a society means giving everybody at Nationwide the opportunity to build their career and to find the right balance with life outside work. We aim to ensure that everyone, in every role, feels valued, recognised and rewarded. As part of our team, you will receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
We’d love it if you joined our society. Click apply today and send us your CV to take the first step towards building society, nationwide.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.