- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/04/2019
- Ref R002800987
We are looking for excellent candidates for Business Designer roles in the Payments Squad.
The Payments Squad has been established as a result of transitioning to a new operating model defined by our enterprise-wide transformation initiative ‘#We are Change’, The new operating model has end-to-end accountability for change delivery from idea to outcome. It consists of cross functional core capabilities that will enable the realisation of value quickly – aligned to value streams as defined by the Payments Squad Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Through this model we are further developing an enduring payments capability who have a deep knowledge of the payments industry and of payments at Nationwide.
As a Business Designer within the Payments Squad, you will be providing a variety of business design services to time, cost and quality enabling the Squad to deliver against the OKRs. More specifically, the capabilities within business design that we are embedding in the new model are: Business Analysis and Business Architecture.
Candidates should be willing to engage with technology from a business perspective and work throughout the solution lifecycle – from idea to delivery into both the business and IT support.
A passion for payments is a must, and any prior experience in this field an advantage. We are offering the opportunity to join a dynamic, exciting and supportive team, making a real difference in the payments services that Nationwide provides to its members.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours’ basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and condensed hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to have:
• Proven experience of quality requirements definition (and ideally developing operating model)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to challenge and influence where required
• An ability to understand technical discussions and issues and translate for a business audience and vice-versa
• An understanding of business processes and how technology supports these
• A thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and the role that business design plays in this
• An ability to translate business requirements and detailed content into operating priorities
• The ability to produce effective options analyses to make business design-led recommendations. Think creatively to develop and suggest solutions to problems.
• An ability to quickly build effective relationships and communications with change makers and the business
It would be desirable if you also had:
• A degree or equivalent experience with some experience of working within a Business Designer role demonstrating business analysis and solution architecture experience
• A professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma
• Knowledge of a range of business design techniques
• Experience of working in an Agile environment
• Financial services experience, ideally in payments
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for:
• Articulating business needs, and designing appropriate solutions working in collaboration with technology experts as required.
• Planning your own work and contributing to longer-term plans, working with other Business Designers
• Conducting high quality detailed as-is and to-be analysis to create effective requirements, user stories, processes and operating model design elements.
• Designing medium complexity to-be requirements and business processes and operating models. Supporting other Business Designers with more complex deliverables
• Collaborating with other Business Designers and other teams. Maintaining appropriate solution traceability.
• Balancing business needs with time, cost and colleague drivers. Ensuring deliveries and solutions are in-line with squad and enterprise objectives.
• Identifying connections and dependencies between change initiatives, escalating appropriately.
• Supporting the business, including IT, in reaching a state of readiness.
• Continuously developing your own knowledge of the payments industry and of payments at Nationwide.
• Coaching and supporting peers within Business Design and outside of it.
You will also be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders in and outside the squad, supporting their understanding of the services that Payments Business Design provides and establishing effective relationships.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.