- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/04/2019
- Ref R002800988
We are looking for excellent candidates for Business Designer roles in the Payments Squad.
The Payments Squad has been established as a result of transitioning to a new operating model defined by our enterprise-wide transformation initiative ‘#We are Change’, The new operating model has end-to-end accountability for change delivery from idea to outcome. It consists of cross functional core capabilities that will enable the realisation of value quickly – aligned to value streams as defined by the Payments Squad Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Through this model we are further developing an enduring payments capability who have a deep knowledge of the payments industry and of payments at Nationwide.
As a Business Designer within the Payments Squad, you will be working closely with other Business Designers in the Squad to design and deliver business solutions for various change initiatives. You will be supporting the translation of OKRs into target states and plans for your change initiatives, creating effective business solutions balancing the requirements of the business, cost constraints and timescales.
Candidates should be willing to engage with technology from a business perspective and work throughout the solution lifecycle – from idea to delivery into both the business and IT support.
A passion for payments is a must, and any prior experience in this field an advantage. We are offering the opportunity to join a dynamic, exciting and supportive team, making a real difference in the payments services that Nationwide provides to its members.
All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that brings is something our colleagues and our members really value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we’re delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours’ basis or on a flexible working basis.
Examples of the types of flexible working we offer include reduced hours, part time and condensed hours.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and also that we’ll be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to have:
• Considerable experience of working within a business analysis or business architecture role, on complex, cross-functional change initiatives.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best-in-class business design approaches.
• The ability to identify solutions through application of prior experience and lateral thinking to achieve change team outcomes.
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to quickly create trusted relationships, influence stakeholders, drive and manage a team and communicate progress at various levels.
• The ability and confidence to challenge and influence stakeholders appropriately to achieve optimal trade-offs between priorities.
• The ability to anticipate challenges that will affect realisation of objectives and identify both strategic and tactical solutions to minimise impact.
• The ability to think conceptually and plan effectively; to translate strategic outcomes into change team objectives. You also need to be familiar with various project management approaches.
• The ability to understand technical principles and discussions and issues and translate for a business audience and vice-versa.
• A strong understanding of business processes and how technology supports these.
• The ability to support the continuous assessment of deliveries achieving the business needs.
• The ability to identify and drive continuous improvement, constantly looking for opportunities to deliver incremental value.
• Proven leadership skills, and have demonstrated these across small and medium-scale change initiatives and teams.
It would be desirable if you also had:
• A degree or equivalent experience with some experience of working within a Business Designer role demonstrating business analysis and solution architecture experience
• A professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma
• Knowledge of a range of business design techniques
• Experience of working in an Agile environment
• Financial services experience, ideally in payments
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for:
• Articulating complex business needs, and designing appropriate solutions working in collaboration with technology experts as required.
• Developing plans for your change initiative and contributing to wider plans to meet the squad outcomes and OKRs, ensuring continued alignment to the Society Strategy
• Creating excellent quality requirements, user stories, processes and operating model designs for high complexity initiatives.
• Collaborating with other Business Designers and other teams. Maintaining appropriate solution traceability.
• Balancing business needs with time, cost and colleague drivers. Ensuring deliveries and solutions are in-line with squad and enterprise objectives.
• Producing effective business cases and options analyses to make business design-led recommendations.
• Identifying connections and dependencies between change initiatives, proactively maintaining alignment and mitigating risks.
• Supporting the business, including IT, in reaching a state of readiness.
• Developing your own SME knowledge of the payments industry and of payments at Nationwide.
• Coaching other Business Designers, and sharing insights, lessons learned and best-practice with the Business Design team.
You will also be interacting with a wide range of stakeholders in and outside the squad, supporting their understanding of the services that Payments Business Design provides and establishing effective relationships.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.