- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/03/2019
- Ref R002300220
Salary: £42,370 – 61,201
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? One in five people in the UK are our members and last year more people opened a current account with the Society than with any other brand!
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members and Building Society...
With significant investment, we’re focused on driving change that’s delivered ‘at pace’, is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives and we’ll do this through our people.
And that’s where you come in…
Joining a newly formed team, in this key role as ‘Risk Partner’ for our Transformation Community, you’ll provide first line support, advice and constructive challenge to the Senior Leadership Team in discharging their risk and control management accountabilities. You’ll coordinate the design, implementation and operation of appropriate risk management and control assurance mechanisms within their respective business areas.
Who we're looking for
We’ll need you to be an experienced Risk professional with demonstrable track record of implementing risk and control management processes, coupled with an appreciation of governance issues, risk and control management concepts and methodologies.
It would be beneficial if you have an FS background and a general awareness of the current regulatory regime within which the Society operates.
More broadly, it’s vital you’re solutions focused and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at senior level. You’ll be confident and credible promoting an effective risk and controls environment, aiding discussions and debates and facilitating an understanding of risk developments within the Society.
What you'll be doing
• Implement the Society’s agreed policy and methodology for identifying and assessing risk and determining the effectiveness of controls throughout the Community.
• Provide advice and guidance to senior management on each Community’s emerging risk and control environment by horizon scanning, with specific accountability for assessing potential risk impacts.
• As the Community’s recognised expert in risk management and control, take a proactive role in enhancing developing and co-ordinating the improvement of risk and control management activities.
• Coordinate the incident reporting process as appropriate within the Community to ensure compliance with NBS’ incident management policy and process.
• Be proactive in carrying out root cause analysis of incidents as appropriate and taking required action to ensure that lessons learnt are appropriately communicated
• Support the development of and input to appropriate risk and control information as required by senior management
• Support the delivery of training (as appropriate) and help to improve and embed a risk and control aware culture
• Support with the operation of the Society’s agreed policy and methodology for identifying and assessing business continuity requirements across the community
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme