- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 03/05/2019
- Ref R002800993
We are seeking:
• A Senior Manager – Strategy, Demand & Change within our Document Management function.
• Based in our distribution center in Hawksworth for a 12 month secondment.
• Please send in your application by 3rd May 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Document Management team based in the Hawksworth Distribution Centre as they embark on a new phase in their development.
Document Management are responsible for the delivery of service communications to our members, logistical operations and document archiving on behalf of the Society. They are at the start of an exciting journey to shape their future service offering and play a leading role in the Nationwide Digital transformation agenda.
The team is also undergoing a cultural transformation to further embed PRIDE values across the operation and make Document Management an even better place to work.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to take responsibility for the operational strategy, future demand and change roadmap within the department on a 12 month secondment. This person will be responsible for developing an operational strategy and then driving forward the execution of an implementation plan as well as managing the demand of work into the area and associated 3rd Parties.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have extensive experience of operational management within a communications delivery and logistics environment.
• Be an experienced leader who can play an active role within the Senior Leadership Team of the department and deliver against its objectives.
• Have a track record of delivering large change and transformation projects, including managing changes with 3rd Party Suppliers.
• Have previous experience of creating strategic objectives and executing plans to achieve these.
• Have exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships across business areas and articulate complex concepts to senior audiences
• Be an engaging people leader with experience of creating a high performing culture.
What you'll be doing
- Strategic Development:
- Create and own the Document Management Strategic plan.
- Drive a plan to execute against Document Management’s strategic priorities.
- Management of Demand pipeline activity:
- Be accountable for managing pipeline demand coming into Document Management from internal departments and 3rd parties, ensuring work is planned effectively to make use of available capacity whilst making best use of available resources
- Responsibility for the testing and release of changes to customer communications into the Production environment.
- Ensure all changes are fully tested and all relevant governance processes have been followed prior to releasing changes into the Production environment.
- Responsible for the internal Change agenda within Document Management
- Oversight of Document Managements overall change activities, covering internal changes, 3rd party changes and transformational activities. Working in close partnership with internal stakeholders and third-party service providers to analyse, test and implement changes.
- People Leadership
- Play an active role to create a high performing team within a Senior Leadership team and across the functional area. Driving cultural change and displaying a ‘leading by example’ set of behaviours.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.