Senior Consultant, Treasury Modelling
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 02/10/2018
- Ref R001700249
• A Senior Consultant in our Treasury Modelling team based at our head office in Swindon.
• Salary £50,840 - £73,436 per annum (depending on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hours per week contract.
• Send in your application by 2nd Oct 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Consultant in our Treasury modelling team. The team is responsible for developing innovative statistical models critical to business decisions in the division. This role would be ideal for someone who is keen to apply their modelling skills in a financial environment and likes to get a deep understanding of a problem and come up with creative but practical solutions.
Who we're looking for
This role is all about model development so you’ll need to have:
• Minimum degree level education in a relevant subject (such as Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Economics)
• Experience using a range of statistical modelling techniques, including linear and logistic regression, monte carlo simulations, VaR and decision tree models
• Robust experience in SAS, SQL, VBA code or similar analytics/data software
• A track record of taking a logical approach to understand an existing system or model and explain how it works
• A proven ability to use your highly developed analytical skills to come up with innovative modelling solutions to business problems
• Experience working with large and complex datasets such as account or customer level information
We will also be looking for:
• strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex issues succinct and simple way
• a collaborative approach and the ability to manage stakeholders across the business
• the ability to manage a small team of analysts/ programmers
• a willingness and aptitude to take the initiative and proactively offer solutions to problems
What you'll be doing
This role is an opportunity to develop models which are key to the way Nationwide manages and understands risk. You will be responsible for end to end model developments; working closely with the business to understand the nature of the risk, understanding the data and what it tells us, researching and evaluating methodologies and building and testing models which explain the risk.
You will also be expected to line manage more junior team members and assist them in developing their modelling skills. We embrace flexible working so if you want to work from home sometimes or would be looking to work part time please let us know and we can see whether we can make this work for the role.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.