Senior Manager - Governance and Control
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £60,406 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/07/2018
- Ref R001700231
• A Treasury Senior Manager - Governance and Control in our Head Offices in Swindon
• Send in your application by 13th July 2018
As the Senior Manager of the Governance and Control team you will be responsible for the effective delivery of the Governance and Control function within the Operations and Strategic Development team within Treasury.
The main duties of this role will include building and managing effective relationships with key second and third line control functions to coordinate testing and review activity across Treasury teams, operating key Compliance and Regulatory Reporting functions which cover Treasury trading activity and owning all Static Data and Credit Limits within the core Treasury Management system – Murex.
You will also be responsible for identifying, analysing and working with the relevant business areas within Treasury to ensure all applicable prudential requirements are fully embedded. This will include but not be limited to reviewing and testing of regulatory line by line analysis, responding to regulatory consultations and liaising with the relevant key control functions to ensure group wide prudential regulatory policies and procedures are adequately adopted within Treasury. As the senior manager you will also be responsible for developing a team of professional staff to ensure delivery of high quality performance, contribution and reporting.
If you need any further information related to this vacancy, please contact the Resourcing Manager Daniel Wilson.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to have:
- Significant experience within the wholesale market, which includes a detailed working knowledge of the end-to-end Treasury Operating model, spanning Front Office trading activities, Risk Management, Back Office confirmation, Settlement and Collateral Management processes, and Accounting.
- A good understanding, of the prudential regulations impacting Treasury including but not limited to CRR, LCR, etc .
- Have experience in Operational and Regulatory risk management and embedding required controls into BAU.
- A good understanding of Industry Developments in the Investment Operations space including knowledge of agent banking relationships, Global Custody and utilities such as Swift and Omgeo.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including being able to demonstrate the use of various techniques depending on the audience and communicate difficult, technical concepts to a business audience.
- A proven track record of being able to quickly learn and understand complex functions and problems, with the ability to articulate these issues to a range of stakeholders.
- 5-10 years risk management experience within Financial Services (either in Compliance. Audit or other assurance function)
- Experience of reviewing and assessing regulatory and policy directives issued by market regulators, identifying the changes required to retain compliance and embedding such changes into BaU.
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing and leading teams, including the responsibility for career development and performance management; Able to gain the trust of and manage the performance of staff at a range of levels and the ability to coach and give effective development feedback
- A relevant degree (such as Finance, Mathematics or Economics)
What you'll be doing
- Thought Leadership – Responsible for providing expertise in Risk Management, Governance and Control to the business area driving an appropriate risk culture. Understand the latest developments within the industry including best practice guidelines, technology developments, and models and frameworks from both internal and external bodies. Motivate, encourage and guide colleagues to adhere to best practice and identifying and recommending improvements where appropriate.
- Consultations – Identify any consultations or discussion papers relating to changes to the prudential regulation landscape that will/may impact Treasury, inform the relevant areas impacted by such changes and where applicable work with the business areas and any relevant key control functions to draft a response.
- Compliance – Responsibility for the operation of AML and KYC controls on our trading counterparties along with regular liaison with central AML team’s to ensure Treasury is operating within risk appetite.
- Reviews - Responsible for formulation, delivery and execution of a rolling 12 month review plan of Treasury’s compliance with group risk management requirements and prudential regulation.
- Monitoring of 2nd and 3rd line action – Manage the coordination of 2nd and 3rd line and external assurance activity for the Division on behalf of the Senior Management Team (“SMT”). Coordinate completion of outstanding actions across the division with periodic reporting to the SMT highlighting progress against agreed timescales.
- Regulatory Transaction Reporting – Your team will have responsibility for the daily reporting of all treasury transactions in compliance with EMIR, MiFID and Bank of England reporting regulations.
- Projects – Provide operational risk, general governance and control and prudential regulatory guidance and input into Treasury driven or Treasury impacted projects, ensuring that projects align to Treasury and Group policies and appetite. Ensuring any concerns and issues are adequately escalating where they are unable to be resolved.
- Team Leading - Accountable for the overall leadership of their team including objectives and resource management. Responsible for developing their team in both subject matter and softer skills, and for ensuring that each team member has a development plan which accurately describes development needs aligned to goals of the team and their personal development. Provides coaching and mentoring to team members, when appropriate delivers presentations and training to up-skill others in the wider team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.