Senior Operations Officer - Settlement and Collateral Management
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/01/2019
- Ref R001700284
• A Senior Treasury Operations Officer in our head office in Swindon.
• £30,506 - £44,065 a year (dependent on current salary and banding) based on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
• Send in your application by Friday 31st January 2019.
We are looking for a Treasury Senior Operations Officer to be based within the Settlements and Collateral Management team, within Nationwide’s Treasury Department. Treasury is an exciting and demanding area of our business with responsibility for the raising cash from the wholesale markets to meet the needs of our business. Treasury also invests any surplus monies to maximise returns for our Members, while pro-actively managing all the risks associated with operating in global markets. This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career in Treasury.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• A good working knowledge of the financial services industry
• An awareness of the role of Treasury.
• The ability to manage your own workload in a time critical environment
• Knowledge of payments, trades and financial instruments.
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and influence others.
• Experience of working to strict, changing deadlines
• The ability to adapt to change
• Excellent problem-solving skills and good attention to detail.
• A passion to build a career in Treasury.
• Have a history of implementing process changes and streamlining
It would be nice if you also had:
• at least one year’s experience in an operational role
• a background in Settlements and/or Collateral Management
What you'll be doing
Your job will be in the Operations & Strategic Development team, supporting Treasury in managing the settlement and confirmation of trades, and to process and validate all collateral margining functions. The role requires collaboration with various teams within Treasury, as well as other communities, to ensure the timely resolution of trade discrepancies, and to manage the liquidity of Treasury’s nostro accounts. You will ensure that controls are adhered to, and any breaches of limits are reported accordingly. You will need to be flexible in this role, in order to adapt to ever-changing deadlines, and unforeseen spikes in trade volume and queries. It is essential that you have a positive, resilient attitude, an analytical mind and the people skills to quickly resolve queries with internal and external parties. You should look to find efficiencies in the day to day work, and exploit Murex to help streamline and simplify processes.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.