- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £25,169 - £36,356
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2018
- Ref R001700196
- A Treasury Analyst – Product Risk in our Head Office in Swindon
- Salary: £25,169 - £36,356 on a full time permanent basis, depending on experience
Like any large financial organisation, it’s important that we manage risk and limit our exposure to changes in the market. Joining the Product Risk team, you’ll support the management of interest rate risk to ensure that we can offer the products our members want whilst controlling risk and maximising value.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be seeking to broaden your knowledge and experience of financial services by gaining exposure to a dynamic Treasury risk environment.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- have a strong numerical aptitude;
- have experience and a strong knowledge of Excel to manipulate and interpret our data;
- be confident working both independently and in a team; and
- be a great communicator as you’ll be building and strengthening relationships across the business.
It would be nice if you also had:
- a degree, ideally in a numerical subject e.g. Economics, Maths, Finance or Engineering;
- relevant experience with a financial background; and
- experience of programming such as VBA or SAS.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be responsible for:
- ensuring that Nationwide’s exposure to interest rate movements is effectively managed. You’ll analyse product volumes and trends to ensure appropriate product hedging is in place at all times. You will also ensure that appropriate analysis is undertaken so that the risks to the Society are fully understood.
- considering how economic, market and product developments impact our members’ behaviour. You’ll use this to support the management of interest rate risk over the life of the Society’s products and ensure our approach to mitigating this risk is effective.
- ongoing maintenance and development of analytical models, with a requirement to summarise complex data and present findings at a suitable level of detail and with appropriate commentary.
- working closely with Product teams and other areas of Treasury, and as such good interpersonal skills are essential.
- compiling high-quality reports for senior management and the Assets and Liabilities Committee (ALCo), using your insight to directly influence important business decisions.
- maintaining records and in-house models – supporting the business, strengthening our performance and helping to shape our approach to managing product risks going forward.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme