Treasury Settlements & Collateral Manager
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/05/2018
- Ref R001700218
- A Treasury Settlements & Collateral Manager in our Head Office in Swindon.
- £41,951 - £60,596 a year dependent on experience
- Closing date 31st May 2018.
We are looking for a Manager for our Cash/Securities Settlements and Collateral team within Nationwide’s Treasury Department. Treasury is an exciting and demanding area of our business with responsibility for the raising of capital and wholesale funding, liquidity management and management of market risk.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- have a detailed understanding of securities and cash settlement systems and processes including experience of EuroClear and CREST Settlement systems
- possess a detailed understanding of financial instruments used in the treasury management function including Bonds, Swaps, Repo’s
- have at least five years’ experience in a team management role
- understand the role of Treasury within Nationwide and how Settlements and Collateral Management fit into the end-to-end Treasury process.
- have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and influence others.
- have excellent problem-solving and time management skills along with a good attention to detail, thriving under pressure whilst working to strict market-driven deadlines.
- be passionate about building a career in Treasury.
It would be nice if you also had:
- a degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, Economics, Mathematics’ or a related subject
- a rounded knowledge of financial markets, financial products and Treasury processes
- previous experience working with financial market utilities such as Swift, Omgeo CTM, Markitwire and TriResolve.
- experience working in or running a collateral management function with knowledge of collateral agreements including GMRA, CSA and ISDA documentation.
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will be leading a team of up to 6 people and be responsible for the confirmation and settlement of the Treasury department’s daily cash and securities trades. This will involve trades in government and corporate bonds, repos and swaps along with settlement activity on Nationwide’s Bank of England RTGS account. You will need to work closely with our agent banking partners to ensure all settlement activity is carried out in line with market deadlines.
You will also be responsible for the daily collateral management of Nationwide’s derivative positions, ensuring collateral calls are made and responded to in a timely manner and associated cash and securities are settled within required timescales.
You will also represent Treasury on a number of internal committees as well as attending industry events in order to ensure Nationwide is aware of the latest industry and regulatory developments in the Investment Operations and Payments arena.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.