Treasury Technical Specialist
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/11/2018
- Ref R001700271
• A Treasury Technical Specialist in our Head Offices in Swindon.
• Salary- £42,370 – £61,201 a year dependent on skills and experience based on a 35 hours a week permanent contract
• Send in your application by Friday 23rd November 2018
We are looking for a Treasury Technical Specialist within Nationwide’s Treasury Community. Treasury is an exciting and demanding area of our business with responsibility for the raising cash from the wholesale markets to meet the needs of our business. Treasury also invests any surplus monies to maximise returns for our Members, while pro-actively managing all the risks associated with operating in global markets.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• A proven track record of implementing and managing change, transformation initiatives and effective operations processes.
• Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and influence others. Able to convey complex information in a clear and understandable way. You’ll need to do this both verbally and through formal written committee papers.
• An excellent working knowledge of the financial services industry and familiarity with financial regulation, such as MiFIR, SFTR.
• Expert knowledge of operational frameworks, with specific understanding of SWIFT, CLS; a detailed understanding of financial instruments used in Treasury, including Bonds, Swaps, Repo’s, etc, and expert understanding of trading markets and systems, such as Euroclear, Crest, DTC and OMGEO.
• Excellent problem-solving and time management skills along with a good attention to detail, thriving under pressure whilst working to strict deadlines.
It would be nice if you also had:
• a degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, Economics, Mathematics’ or a related subject
• proven experience in a management or project role
• experience of Treasury software platforms such as Murex
What you'll be doing
• As a member of the Operations Management Team, you will champion change and take responsibility for Projects, working in partnership with other areas to test new software, transactions, processes or methodologies in line with strategic drivers.
• Responsible for ensuring Operations is optimally using the Treasury Core platform, Murex, and other key interfaces such as SWIFT, Markitwire, OMGEO, MarginSphere, TriResolve, Bloomberg, Reuters etc so that new business functionality is fully exploited.
• Deliver improvements and innovative solutions that provide profit or cost-savings, so Treasury Operations can operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Deliver cost-efficiencies and process improvements via direct membership of Crest and Euroclear
• Ensure that system upgrades are effectively planned to ensure business continuity, and they deliver enhanced functionality and improvements.
• Manage rigid controls procedures with a clear segregation of duties between teams to constrain Operational risk.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.